Full ANH Vader: (addition to ) My first attempt at a Vader Helmet

Re: My first attempt at a Vader Helmet

As dcarty said it sounds like a paint reaction issue, and if you do not get all that gunmetal off you will likely have more problems when you add paint over it. Good luck.

I have been able to get a few coats of primer on without any problem. Are you saying that you think I will still have problems even through the layers of primer?

Well I finally got it back to a nice black finish. I used the Duplicolor T100 this time and I am so glad I went back and redid it.

I also had some time to work on making the stand and i got the grills in. I am going to do the Gunmetal tonight. I plan on using the Tamiya x10 Gunmetal this time. I hope it turns out better than the Humbrol did.

I finally broke out a real camera and took some higher resolution shots. I think I am all finished. Thanks for the help along the way!

Your paint job looks perfect from what I can see. Are you planning on decorating the inside of it?

Your paint job looks perfect from what I can see. Are you planning on decorating the inside of it?

I had not really thought about the inside too much yet. It is mostly for display but I think I will finish the inside to make it wearable.

WIP: ANH Vader Display/Costume

I figure I will just add onto my helmet thread.

I have been working on building an ANH Vader ever since I completed the helmet. I have finished most of the hard parts and am just waiting for my leather suit and robes to come in. Rubies robe and pleather are standing in right now until they get here. There is some touch up / weathering to do still as well as a few fitting/ padding tasks.

I have tried to make it look proportional while keeping it wearable for Halloween. Right now the mannequin is scaled to my size and with helmet tops at about 6'4". After Halloween I may reshape/bulk up the manny and make a slightly more Prowse sized display.

Special thanks to the people who helped me find good parts. I really appreciate the help. I love having a nice looking Vader around.

Re: My first attempt at a Vader Helmet = Now Full ANH Vader

See, that looks like a very good representation of what we should have seen in RotS with a slightly slimmer Vader. This turned out really great. Definitely worth being proud of! :cheers

Re: My first attempt at a Vader Helmet = Now Full ANH Vader

See, that looks like a very good representation of what we should have seen in RotS with a slightly slimmer Vader. This turned out really great. Definitely worth being proud of! :cheers

Thanks I am pretty happy with the results so far and will post an update when the suit and robes are finally on. I am happy with the look so I just couldn't wait.

I have no idea why they turned one of the most iconic faces in cinema into the new bug faced version. Each to his own but I prefer my Vader the way I remember him a a child.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back