Full ANH Vader: (addition to ) My first attempt at a Vader Helmet

You're talking about the repaint.

Just leave the nose paint alone.

No, I mean before the repaint, both the inside of the nose and the nosebridge are a slightly lighter gunmetal color.

VaderANHnoseislighter2.jpg

Great stuff!

I'm curious as to what you used for mannequin. I've been looking around the net and the commercial ones are a bit expensive (unsurprisingly!), but I have yet to find an extra tall one.

How tall is yours? (Hey, newbie question: how tall was David Prowse?)

It's not even lighter gunmetal, it's the same gunmetal, but because the inside of the nose is dish shaped, it reflects lighter than the rest of the gunmetal. Definitely not silver like most folks think.

It's not even lighter gunmetal, it's the same gunmetal, but because the inside of the nose is dish shaped, it reflects lighter than the rest of the gunmetal. Definitely not silver like most folks think.
Agreed. Just more thoroughly applied, or thicker. Anyone having painted with metal paints would know how different the same paint can look depending on how it is applied. And a dish shape or something that is curved will automatically reflect more than something that is plane.

Ive just scored a vader helmet and your threed will be very helpfull tro my painting it ,
Thanx

Oh and the maniquin looks perfecr

Ive just scored a vader helmet and your threed will be very helpfull tro my painting it ,
Thanx

Maybe you can avoid some of my early mistakes. I did have to paint the helmet 3 times but you know in the long run that may have added something to the ANH look.

Best of luck with your Vader.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back