Freehand Anti-Monitor build

RevChumley

After the adventure of doing a half free hand half Pep file build of Brainiac last year;

I've landing on doing a completely freehand foam build of the Anti-Monitor

I'm just going to use this thread to keep my process and to figure out direction and so you all can laugh at my pain :) Next post will be progress pics!

Last edited:
Re: WIP Freehand Anti-Monitor build (pic heavy)

Progress!

Blocking out the helmet

Yeahhhh. this needs some work.

Little better.

Much better.

Time to start on the chest.

Still didn't look right. I decided to drop the helm down and slant the shoulders.

Here is the version with the Helm dropped and the shoulders slanted.

This is where I am at the moment. Still plenty to do, but I've got till Sept to get it done, so I'm not going to rush this one!

More to come!

So I've trimmed up the bottom of the chest, inscribed some lines to delineate the plates and added the helmet hoses. Starting to come together.

Anyone work with Epsilon foam coat yet? Just wondering how well it does. I usually use Wood Glue or Plati-dip to seal, thinking of branching out.

Added some details, rivets and the head piece. I'll replace that gem on the head when I get a red one, its just a placeholder for now. The other glass gems i used for rivets will get sealed and painted over later on.

Dude that freakin ROCKS! I love builds like this. Gotta see this one through to the end!!!

Anyone work with Epsilon foam coat yet? Just wondering how well it does. I usually use Wood Glue or Plati-dip to seal, thinking of branching out.

It works well but can crack with repeated flexing. So far, the PVA/Plastidip or just PVA had yielded the best results for the time and cost.

This will be a big hit! Especially with the big Darkseid/'Anti-Monitor showdown coming in the comics!

It works well but can crack with repeated flexing. So far, the PVA/Plastidip or just PVA had yielded the best results for the time and cost.

This will be a big hit! Especially with the big Darkseid/'Anti-Monitor showdown coming in the comics!

Thanks for the info! I'll probably just get a sample kit of it and use it on the pieces I know won't be flexing. I'll use PVA on anything I think will see stress.

Love this character! So malevolent back in the day! You're doing a great job so far capturing AM's essence!

Well it's been bitterly cold as of late, so I haven't gotten much done. I did manage to get a duct tape dummy built and start on the under armor, The only part of this that is really visible is the bottom and a litle of the sides where the tubes are. The rest will be covered by the shoulders and the cape.

16582156885_608a1de6c9_z.jpg

It's been a while since I've updated my build thread, Finally got warm enough to start working in the shop and I've gotten quite a bit done on it!

11200586_778613405588239_6572048733368765179_n.jpg

11265610_778613295588250_4973501378514360741_n.jpg

Moved on to the stilt boots, given I'm only 5'7 I needed to do old school Anti-monitor legs on this version to hide the stilts. With these I should be about 7 foot with the head on.

17780032312_f7d56b28d1_z.jpg

17162405653_87933de26b_z.jpg

17160249824_aabf81a369_z.jpg

17756453516_d220875b5a_z.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back