Freehand Anti-Monitor build

Re: WIP Freehand Anti-Monitor build (pic heavy)

A few more shots of building of various parts:

17596480839_2249c12a97_z.jpg

17162388893_fc3c9d0c38_z.jpg

17595214370_c61000e8f1_z.jpg

This is awesome foam work, always incredible to me what can be done with it. I'm curious as to what kind of adhesive you are using to do all your gluing, I've been using hot glue with mixed results but that could very well be operator error.

Thanks! I'm using contact cement. I'm just using DAP although everyone recommends Barge. The DAP works fine.

I used hot glue exclusively on my Brainiac foam build and found it almost impossible to get really good seams with it, the contact cement makes seaming .... well seamless. Hot glue is still good for reinforcing the back of seams and for flat on flat applications though.

Awesome I actually have a can of DAP I used to make some foam weapons no idea why I didn't think of that, duh haha.

I love the lifts they are really inconspicuous, I could see a similar design working great for Big Daddy build.

I've worked some more on finishing up the boots and belt and did a full costume test fitting. Couple of things to adjust, but I'm happy with it so far.

18050834912_e16daa8a55_z.jpg

Thanks! Couple more things to tweak, but its pretty much done! Now, what am I going to do that there is 2 months left until dragoncon? Guess I'll have to come up with another costume!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back