Free Guy “Guy” Costume

So, printed a positive and a negative for COFFEE.
View attachment 1490527

Consisering making an aluminum sleeve in orange that I way I can use it with most, standardized medium cups.
Looks good! Although, it's hard to tell for sure, but I think the letters on the cup get slightly smaller as they go down. Can I ask what font you used? I was searching for a match myself, but I couldn't find anything close enough.

Looks good! Although, it's hard to tell for sure, but I think the letters on the cup get slightly smaller as they go down. Can I ask what font you used? I was searching for a match myself, but I couldn't find anything close enough.
SO, started out with bold Arial Black, but modified alot of the letters. The C for instance, has a tight internal curve on the inside left. I played with the letters infront of the multiple pics I have. All the letters have little tweaks. They are on a cone, so that throw everything off even more.

I even took a day off and came back to make sure the letters look legit. They are descending down a cone, so lots of chance for defect
CoffeCompare.jpg
COFFEEDun.jpg

The last image was used against a coffee cup, variations in the "F"s thickness, I may have overthunk it. Those cute, little chunky "E"s even have differences in their middle protrusion, but they are SHOOO CUTE!!!

COFFEELatest2.jpg

Last edited:
Flashforge software is great for turning pics into 3D printable images. You can pick heights and thickness.

The images were printed at 83% because I lined them up with an actual coffee cup.

I am a tinkererer with this stuff. So, if someone says, " A-ha! This is actually dingleberry font, " go with them.

Flashforge software is great for turning pics into 3D printable images. You can pick heights and thickness.

The images were printed at 83% because I lined them up with an actual coffee cup.

I am a tinkererer with this stuff. So, if someone says, " A-ha! This is actually dingleberry font, " go with them.
Thanks, I started trying to make my own template as well, and I've been having to adjust the fonts quite a bit too. I searched online for similar fonts but never found exactly the right one. Thanks for the tip on flashforge, I'll probably make good use of it in the future!

Was hoping he had her purse in this movie! LOL =)

I spent 6 months with him, amazing person really they both are!

Plus, I was there when it all started <3

Attachments

• GLTeamHIGHRES.jpg
    GLTeamHIGHRES.jpg
    825 KB · Views: 157
Well, seems one of the name badge engravers saw there was a desire for the "GUY" name badge (or maybe I just kept entering "GUY" enough on their site that they thought a lot of people wanted it), I just found this on Amazon:

Screenshot_20210903-185221_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210903-185247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I placed an order with these options, I figured it's cheap enough that it's worth checking out. I'll post pics when it arrives.

****THREAD INTERLUDE****

Top 10 things to *NOT* ask Ryan Reynolds during an interview. (Purely silly, you provide the other five)

5) Can you clear the air about the tax advice you gave Wesley Snipes?

4) So, married to Blake Lively. Two kids, both going prematurely bald, Blake insisted on naming them Patrick and Stewart. Do you *still* not get it?!?!?!

3) How did you feel being out-acted by the completely cgi Colossus in both Negasonic Teenage Warhead films?

2) Yes, enough about you, what was it like working with Gina Carano?

1) In Green Lantern, your suit was completely cgi, why couldn't you just hit the gym like that Jackman guy?

What an amazing thread thanks all, really helped me to track down a few bits for it that I was missing.

Trying to help a friend with the Molotov Girl side, and really struggling with the glasses if anyone has any even loose ideas or thoughts.

1630990911316.png

1630990842822.png

Something like a Ralph Lauren RA4004 will get most of the way there although it isn't quite right. Needs custom lenses whatever it is though since hers are clear or nearly so.
s-l400-1.jpg

Yeah I think I narrowed it to something like the Ray-Ban RX8420 but you're right, custom lenses all the way, unfortunately. They did the same with the Gascan's but those lenses are easier to replace/find replacements of. Will have to be "close enough" for her this time.

Yeah I think I narrowed it to something like the Ray-Ban RX8420 but you're right, custom lenses all the way, unfortunately. They did the same with the Gascan's but those lenses are easier to replace/find replacements of. Will have to be "close enough" for her this time.
I found these on Amazon, still not the right ones, but maybe a little closer:

Screenshot_20210908-145517_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Here's some cheap-o ones that might work. Lenses are too pink, though there's other color options available. They'd all need a little modding to get them closer, but for the price, they might work:

Screenshot_20210908-224035_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210908-224134_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Yep, we found some that had the right gradient and used those. sides a bit off, but colour was more important and would need less modifying :D

Managed to track down a handy base for the cups as well, and will probably either stencil/airbrush or grab some letter stickers for the "Coffee"

1631224392532.png

Well, seems one of the name badge engravers saw there was a desire for the "GUY" name badge (or maybe I just kept entering "GUY" enough on their site that they thought a lot of people wanted it), I just found this on Amazon:

View attachment 1491004
View attachment 1491005
I placed an order with these options, I figured it's cheap enough that it's worth checking out. I'll post pics when it arrives.
The name badge I ordered arrived today, it's pretty much as advertised, but compared to the screen version, it's a little undersized vertically. It's about 3" wide by 1.125" tall. The font used isn't exact either (most noticeable on the "G"), but it's close. I wasn't sure if it would be like their advertised pic, since it said "display is a approximate preview" but I thought it was worth ordering to find out.

20210909_225509.jpg
20210909_225517.jpg
20210909_230709.jpg
20210909_230724.jpg

Comparing it to the ones used on-screen and in ads you can see the size discrepency. I figured the screen one is probably closer to 3" by 1.5":

MV5BMWJlZmFiNWItYTkyMy00NDE3LWI1ZWEtZjEwNTIxYWZjODQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQW1hcmNtYW5u._V1_.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-140747_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Still, it's close enough that most people wouldn't notice. After all, it's only about a 3/8" difference and a little font disparity. It looks more professional than something I'd make myself, so unless I can find a more exact replica, it'll work well enough.

Attachments

• 20210821_171406.jpg
    20210821_171406.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 136

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back