Fox cancels 24

Just got done watching Monday's episode...and there just is so much suspension of belief that one can do. Monday's episode was the breaking point with the shootout on the docks.

It's time...don't worry, in a few years, with the lack of creativity with today's writers, they will recast everyone and I suspect that Justin Beiber will be the new Jack Bauer.

That is a shame. Although this is my least favorite season, there have been some really great ones, and I have enjoyed them all.

Maybe this season will end in a big way. When you don't have to have anyone survive for the next year it could mean anything goes:thumbsup

GIVE ME THE LOCATION OF THE BOMB!!!!

I haven't got TIME to follow procedure, dammit!!!!!

And then cut to Jack shooting someone.

Insert clock ticking.

That about sum it up? ;)

I watched the first season when it was a novel concept and like most novel concepts, for me, once the novelty wore off, it wasn't all that interesting. It just became the newest version of the Republic serial (much like Prison Break -- although I prefer Prison Break, myself).

That's not to say it doesn't offer actors the opportunity to show their chops, but I do think that, generally speaking, the concept of "Uh oh! Another terrorist plot and Jack Bauer has ONLY TWENTY-FOUR HOURS to save the day!!!" gets a little goofy after a while. I mean, hell, there were only 4 Die Hard movies, and they sucked after the second one (which I actually like).

I welcome the opportunity for another dramatic series. Although this probably just paves the way for some American Idol clone.

I suppose it's better than the days when Fox used to show nothing but "When Fox Film Crews Attack."

To quote John McClane -
"Another basement, another elevator. How can the same **** happen to the same guy twice?"

Now add eight more times to that and you'll why it got silly after season 3.

:lol It was the "WhiteHouse breach for me last season! :lol

I knew the ratings were down this year and Keifer was spanking them hard per Episode so this comes as no surprise.

Monday's episode was the breaking point with the shootout on the docks.

I know this is a bit of a bashing thread at this point but I did want to say that the preview for the rest of the season that they aired at the end of Mondays episode talked about the fact it was the last 10 hours of 24. Hyping up the series finale. The preview looked good, maybe this year can pick up and get some action going.

Would love to see Jack go out with a bang. I am a fan of the show (own all the seasons on DVD) but think the film talk is all BS and he should die saving the day in the end. :thumbsup

Well, not that it didn't get repetitive on the small scale or anything but:

Season 1: Assassination
Season 2: Nukular(as KS switched to saying sometime during the series)
S3: Bio
S4: Nuke
S5: Bio
S6: Nuke
S7: Guess what. Bio
S8: Really? Nuke

I bet I know what next season's big problem would've been.

Well, not that it didn't get repetitive on the small scale or anything but:

Season 1: Assassination
Season 2: Nukular(as KS switched to saying sometime during the series)
S3: Bio
S4: Nuke
S5: Bio
S6: Nuke
S7: Guess what. Bio
S8: Really? Nuke

I bet I know what next season's big problem would've been.
A Bionuke!

Hey I will at least give them credit for last night because the Secret Service agents put up a fight. Last season they were just pop up targets.

Jumped The Shark when Jack got kicked out of the CTU!

Keifer has his royalty checks coming in now and the show will be syndicated on smaller network channels. The 5 and 7 year markers are the ones to reach!!

I hear they were planning a ninja pirate invasion next year. And Jack Bauer would've led the resistance, with their emblem being his old high school mascot. "BADGERS!!!!!"

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back