Found this at a rummage sale today...

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by 7-11 Jedi, Jan 31, 2006.

1. 7-11 Jedi

7-11 Jedi Well-Known Member

EDIT: Scroll Down for Pics of blaster....

I was at a rummage sale today and spotted this Daisy BB pistol laying on a table. I managed to pick it up for .99 cents.

Now I know it's not the correct model for the Jabba's Palace blaster (I've been researching it lately because I've been on a blaster kick) but I think with a little work I could use it as a base to make a sweet palace blaster. It won't be perfectly accurate but I think I can make it close enough that people will recognize it as such. I'm always in search of a bargain.. I'll probably post pics of the next couple weeks as I work on it.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/daisy.JPG[/image]

Cheers.

Mike

2. jedi knight

jedi knight New Member

Hah, for .99cents I don't think it matters if it's the right model. Great find.

3. uscm buzz

uscm buzz Well-Known Member

Hey many guns in the star wars universe for crying out loud.. making it similiar sounds great.. I got the correct gun..and they look similiar enough that I instantly knew what you bought it for..

4. mtsbspidey

mtsbspidey Well-Known Member

i've had that bb gun for years and never thought of modding it at all...i might as well though...i'm apparantly not allowed to shoot mummers with it...skott (grumblegrumbledamnmummerspracticingonmystreetwheni'mtryingtosleepgrumblegrumble)

5. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Wow. Blast from the past. I had that model BB gun when I was kid. Good memories...

That should make a fine blaster. As others have stated, there are a LOT of guns in the Star Wars universe. So what is it isn't 100% screen accurate.

6. uscm buzz

uscm buzz Well-Known Member

The cant even get hans gun to match in the same movie much less the OT so go for it..

7. Star Wars Man

Star Wars Man Well-Known Member

daisy bb? what is that

8. adamata

adamata Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice find. I saw it looked like a panther right away. :)

9. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Made by the company 'Daisy', it fires BB's (or Bee-Bee's)

I have that exact same gun, got it for free from a friend in about 1999.

10. 7-11 Jedi

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I'm actually modding it make it look more like a panther, and then I'm going to convert it. Pics coming later.

Cheers.

Mike

11. 7-11 Jedi

Finished up a custom blaster with it today. Wasn't happy with it as a base for the Palace Blaster, so I just hacked it up, and used the guts to make a new barrel for it, and greeblied the hell out of it. The scope is a hardware one.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/custblast.JPG[/image]

Cheers.

Mike

12. Krel

Krel Sr Member

That was used as a laser pistol in the 80's 3-d movie "Parasite", which had a young Demi Moore in it. It was dressed up with some plastic rods and got smashed early in the movie. The reason I remember it is because my brother had that same model at the time.

David.