For a few dollars more pocket watch

TENGU

Although this is far beyond my capabilities,I was hoping that someone on this forum would be able to alter a pocket watch so that it would play the theme from for a few dollars more, when it is opened. the music is iconic and I know that there must e people willing to do such a project. Just seeing the stuff that members have done with the lightsabers and the sound cards.

I have that chime as my ringtone right now. It would be awesome to see someone make the pocket watch!

Last edited:
Hugo Montenegro ---The good The bad and the Ugly is my ringback tone. I tried to change it once and all my customers and friends told me to change it back as they didnt know if it was me or not without it!!!

I have that chime as my ringtone right now. It would be awesome to see someone make the pocket watch!

secondeded

after searching info on the web it appears only about 12 seconds mechanical playback is do able on a watch that size

secondeded

after searching info on the web it appears only about 12 seconds mechanical playback is do able on a watch that size
there has to be some way even if the watch was gutted and used just for show,although i would want a real running watch.

if you went down the route of an electronic playback, you could of corse make it play the whole thing, plus you could probably get the exact tone pitch etc..via mp3

the only thing is all the versions i hear have back round instruments so you would have to find away to isolate just the fob sound.

man i really sound like i know what i'm talking about, please don't be fooled :cool

This is just an idea I am throwing out there so all info and opinions are valued,just thinking about how an electronic sound piece could fit in the watch and how it would still run?

The watch also had a picture of Mortimer's sister. Depending on the depth of the watch case you may be able to squeeze a piezo speaker behind the picture.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back