Foil tape for RESIN pulse rifle grenades

Noeland

Master Member
Every sick day needs a project. I've been nursing the remnants of a flu since thrusday. Today I woke up very late in the day thanks to medication, and got bored quick. We're pakcing for Atlanta (where I am moving in 4 weeks) but I needed to goof around with something. Here I am :)

SO, a good friend of mine gives me three resin grenades when he moves. He says "I have a buttload of Tom's aluminum ones, never did anything with these, want em? I'm throwing them out if not."

"YES." I reply with a grin. Because I only have two of Tom's grenades. After getting them I recognize them as "golden armor" grenades, and some with no "primers" on them, so I pulled somesilver primers off of a few shotgun shells to make that work.

Initially my intention was to primter, then paint with Dupli-color chrome. Then it struck me that HEY, I bet foil tape would help them look cooler. So I ran up to the hardware store and got some.

foil%20grenades1.jpg

foil%20grenades2.jpg

And here is a couple with the shotgun shell parts on it. I will be replacing the dimpled primer with somehting else eventually.

foil%20grenade%20primer%202.jpg

foil%20grenade%20primer.jpg

Now my plane is to "undercoat" them with the dupli-color chrome, then apply this tape over that. I think the results will be pretty good. Expect to see those results posted on sunday or monday.

Noeland---------------------------------

That's the same thing I did on my Boba fett Jetpack buckle

apply the tape & smooth it out

then cut off the excesson the curved part with an X-acto knife.

then cut off the excesson the curved part with an X-acto knife

Hey, that turned out nice looking. Even has a bit of texture.

The one problem I have with foil tape is that you can easily put a dent in it with your fingernail, but it kind of gives the grenades a scratched look when you do, so it's not so bad.

The foil tape is obviously more reflective than the real deal aluminum grenades too.

Njc------------

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back