Foam Iron Man Mk VI WIP

UPDATE:

SPINE

I completed the spine. I glued one part to the "butt plate", two pieces to the back ab section, and the others directly to the back. Overall, very easy. I also bevelled the edges of the pieces (same as the side ab pieces to give it a little better look.

spine.jpg

Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding!
Thanks! :thumbsup

Now that I got the majority of the upper torso done, I started doing the left thigh... looks like it may take a little bit. I still have to figure out how I'm gonna attach/align the neck piece to the chest brace and then the chest brace to the chest plate. Also, still have to figure out how to hold the forearms and biceps in place.

Very well DONE!:):thumbsup... thanks for sharing...

cheers!
Thanks! I plan on ordering a set of eyes and possibly the hand repulsors as well from you soon.

dude, phenomenal progress, the suit looks great and i'm impressed with your method of combining and customising the pieces
Thank you. It seems like every major part has one or two "custom" pieces where the print out doesnt quite work in order for it to be completed.

Last edited:
Ok... doing the leg, it seems like its going to come out too long. I'm only like 1/4 of the way done but I'm gonna go ahead and finish it to see if I were to use a smaller scale factor if the leg would fit width wise. I may also modify (cut) the current (long) thigh to see if that would work too.

Anybody whose done the legs before, have you had to use a smaller scale factor for the legs than what is typically used on the upper body? My legs are of average proportion to my body btw.

Ok, I completed the left thigh. As I had guessed, it was too long (tall). But it was also too narrow. It is still very useable though, I might cut approx. 1/2" to 3/4" off the top all around and approx. 1/4" from the bottom (where the knee meets the shin." I also will an extended piece in order to make it wider. I'll post the results.

BTW, with the scale factor of 24.7, the thigh piece was a better fit height wise for my friend, who is 6'1". It is also too tight without some sort of extension piece.

clean work man....Im experimenting with shirt buttons on foam the kind you rivet from the back and snap shut seems to work well with the smaller pieces.

I actually had to decrease the size of the legs files of 10% because they were way to long and big originally.

They fit me well now ;)

I also had to reduce the arm for the same reason :)

Nice! I love your ingenuity. Your connecting concept is fantastic. I'm glad you guy's come up with ways to make these builds work better! and more fun! Keep Building!....

Nice! I love your ingenuity. Your connecting concept is fantastic. I'm glad you guy's come up with ways to make these builds work better! and more fun! Keep Building!....

Thanks, I took a lot of my connecting from STEALTH, mine is just a variation from his really. There's stuff that will definitely borrowed from your build as well being as it's one of the very best out there.

Well since you've now mentioned connectors :) can I ask where did you get your supply. Ebay or were these salvaged from old backpacks here and there?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back