Foam Destiny Helmets.

MrAtombomb

Hi RPF!
Since the weather has been so cold and miserable over the winter I set out to hone my indoor crafting skills, with the use of EVA foam in particular.

So armed with Pepakura and a few .pdo files, some EVA floor mats, a pair of fabric scissors, an xacto knife and some Copydex glue I set about putting together a couple of helmets.
I found this was the perfect exercise over winter as this meant I could work entirely indoors with limited work space and no need for ventilation for toxic substances.
I later used a Dremel, a heat gun, and a soldering iron (ventilation required for this bad buy I'm afraid) for some of the more advanced stuff.
I'd like to think I'm on my way to mastering this foamcrafting malarkey. :)
Next is the sealing and paint stages.
I'm happy to take any questions or queries.
Regards
Lee

Attachments

• DSC_0972.JPG
    DSC_0972.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 449
  • DSC_0965.JPG
    DSC_0965.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 451
  • DSC_0952.JPG
    DSC_0952.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 444
  • DSC_0950.JPG
    DSC_0950.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0948.JPG
    DSC_0948.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 385
  • DSC_0946.JPG
    DSC_0946.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 583
Are these from those foam pepakura templates that I've seen kicking around on etsy?
I'm planning on doing some destiny costumes myself and the helmets seem a little intimidating (will be first builds :O)

Yep. These helmets were made using the templates I have for sale on Etsy. All templates have been fully trialled before uploading so you know that they work. Lots of people have had some fantastic results with them.
1437480804429478.jpgDSC_1009.JPGDSC_0030.JPG

Yeah PR_props, I've been following your Destiny build on Instagram. Those weapons are looking sweet! Can't wait to see what you do for the helm. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back