Limited Run Saberz.com Project O1 and Project Q (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon TPM)

As promised, Project M, O1, and Q. They look so nice all together like this.

View attachment 1661823

Just got this awesome plaque to go with my EpI set

DOTFplaque.jpg

Hi, any Aussies able to comment on customs fees?

Expecting to be up for 5% duty, 10% gst and a processing fee. Nearly $500 for the trio if I ordered today. Any experiences?

Hi, any Aussies able to comment on customs fees?

Expecting to be up for 5% duty, 10% gst and a processing fee. Nearly $500 for the trio if I ordered today. Any experiences?
Over the past year I have placed 3 orders with Saberz, each well above AUD$1,000.00. Didn't pay any custom fees at all. They have ensured a favorable import scenario for us Aussies. Go ahead and place your order.

I'm late to the party but I have received my Project O1 yesterday. I am extremely pleased with it.

The Starkiller/Dewy version I already own got a lot of praise, and rightfully so, but the Saberz attempt is nothing short of spectacular. They each have their merits.

The Starkiller/Dewy version looks and feels like you're holding the original prop. It’s what you’d expect a film studio to make. It’s straight to the point, and I believe nothing comes close in that regard. But it requires assembly, finishing, gluing and adjusting. As it should, it's a prop kit. And that was reflected by the price. The "kit" form also allows each person to make it their own in terms of what they feel is most accurate to the film. Once fully completed it's a sight to behold.

The Saberz interpretation is more refined in the strictest sense. While from a few feet away it looks every bit as accurate as its counterpart, up close the choice of materials and the overall finish is quite different. You can clearly tell every detail has been studied and engineered to be as accurate as possible, but some aspects have been idealized for the sake of presentation, durability and user friendliness. And the fact that it comes perfect and ready to display in a nice box with COA etc. emphasizes that "collectible" aspect and, to me, justifies the price difference.

I also find the Project O1 hilt very clever in its engineering choices. It keeps most of what makes it a desirable and accurate replica, but ditches the aspects that some collectors might perceive as drawbacks : the pommel cubes are not individual pieces with wonky placement but are evenly spaced and mounted on a ring, the black parts are not Delrin/resin but black anodized aluminum, the LEDs and bezels are not two-part but a single piece (much like the brass button and purple hemisphere), the rubber O-ring is instead a black anodized extension of the emitter core, so on and so forth.

It is also fully FX capable while still not having a visible blade retention screw and sound vents (different pommel), which is kind of mind blowing to me. Why can't every other FX lightsaber maker do this? Blade retention screws and sound vents look terrible for display no matter how you slice it. Saberz is the only company to have imagined a way around both problems and it's just perfect.

I think overall these design choices broaden the appeal of this replica on the market, because some people want as much accuracy as possible but don't want something that looks too wonky even if the original was that way. And the FX lightsaber market has never been stronger with the advent of Neopixel and modern sound boards.

To sum up, the "warts and all" approach of the Starkiller/Dewy version is unparalleled in its faithfulness to the actual object, and the Saberz hilt takes the essence of that design and turns it into an impressive and usable replica right out of the box.

The Starkiller/Dewy kit is like a high-end PC, while Project O1 is like an iMac. Two different ways of dealing with the same concept and solving the same problems.

In my opinion you can't pick one over the other because they are different beasts altogether, and in their respective approach they are the absolute best you can get.

To put it yet another way, one is an accurate replica of Ewan McGregor's lightsaber prop, the other is an accurate replica of Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber.

If you want something like the original prop in terms of construction, materials, distinctive flaws and that requires a little bit of DIY work, go for the Starkiller/Dewy kit. It's like stealing the one from the prop shop in England in 1998.

If you want a stunning display piece right out of the box, that looks and feels like what Master Replicas SHOULD have produced, and that is also FX-capable go for the Saberz version.

As for me, well I couldn't decide so I got both and I couldn't be happier. I love this particular design so much that each version brings me a very different experience when I pick it up.

It's a good time to be lightsaber collecting. In the span of two years we have been presented with the two best replicas ever made. It only took 25 years but I personally consider this case closed. You guys nailed it !

sz1.jpg

sz2.jpg

sz3.jpg

Last edited:
I was finally able to order the Project O1 this last weekend. Looks like it should be delivered either today or tomorrow. I gotta say that was fast shipping. Can't wait to have it in hand.

I'm late to the party but I have received my Project O1 yesterday. I am extremely pleased with it.

The Starkiller/Dewy version I already own got a lot of praise, and rightfully so, but the Saberz attempt is nothing short of spectacular. They each have their merits.

The Starkiller/Dewy version looks and feels like you're holding the original prop. It’s what you’d expect a film studio to make. It’s straight to the point, and I believe nothing comes close in that regard. But it requires assembly, finishing, gluing and adjusting. As it should, it's a prop kit. And that was reflected by the price. The "kit" form also allows each person to make it their own in terms of what they feel is most accurate to the film. Once fully completed it's a sight to behold.

The Saberz interpretation is more refined in the strictest sense. While from a few feet away it looks every bit as accurate as its counterpart, up close the choice of materials and the overall finish is quite different. You can clearly tell every detail has been studied and engineered to be as accurate as possible, but some aspects have been idealized for the sake of presentation, durability and user friendliness. And the fact that it comes perfect and ready to display in a nice box with COA etc. emphasizes that "collectible" aspect and, to me, justifies the price difference.

I also find the Project O1 hilt very clever in its engineering choices. It keeps most of what makes it a desirable and accurate replica, but ditches the aspects that some collectors might perceive as drawbacks : the pommel cubes are not individual pieces with wonky placement but are evenly spaced and mounted on a ring, the black parts are not Delrin/resin but black anodized aluminum, the LEDs and bezels are not two-part but a single piece (much like the brass button and purple hemisphere), so on and so forth.

It is also fully FX capable while still not having a visible blade retention screw and sound vents (different pommel), which is kind of mind blowing to me. Why can't every other FX lightsaber maker do this? Blade retention screws and sound vents look terrible for display no matter how you slice it. Saberz is the only company to have imagined a way around both problems and it's just perfect.

I think overall these design choices broaden the appeal of this replica on the market, because some people want as much accuracy as possible but don't want something that looks too wonky even if the original was that way. And the FX lightsaber market has never been stronger with the advent of Neopixel and modern sound boards.

To sum up, the "warts and all" approach of the Starkiller/Dewy version is unparalleled in its faithfulness to the actual object, and the Saberz hilt takes the essence of that design and turns it into an impressive and usable replica right out of the box.

The Starkiller/Dewy kit is like a high-end PC, while Project O1 is like an iMac. Two different ways of dealing with the same concept and solving the same problems.

In my opinion you can't pick one over the other because they are different beasts altogether, and in their respective approach they are the absolute best you can get.

To put it yet another way, one is an accurate replica of Ewan McGregor's lightsaber prop, the other is an accurate replica of Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber.

If you want something like the original prop in terms of construction, materials, distinctive flaws and that requires a little bit of DIY work, go for the Starkiller/Dewy kit. It's like stealing the one from the prop shop in England in 1998.

If you want a stunning display piece right out of the box, that looks and feels like what Master Replicas SHOULD have produced, and that is also FX-capable go for the Saberz version.

As for me, well I couldn't decide so I got both and I couldn't be happier. I love this particular design so much that each version brings me a very different experience when I pick it up.

It's a good time to be lightsaber collecting. In the span of two years we have been presented with the two best replicas ever made. It only took 25 years but I personally consider this case closed. You guys nailed it !

View attachment 1727195
View attachment 1727196
View attachment 1727197
What number did you get?

I also find the Project O1 hilt very clever in its engineering choices. It keeps most of what makes it a desirable and accurate replica, but ditches the aspects that some collectors might perceive as drawbacks : the pommel cubes are not individual pieces with wonky placement but are evenly spaced and mounted on a ring, the black parts are not Delrin/resin but black anodized aluminum, the LEDs and bezels are not two-part but a single piece (much like the brass button and purple hemisphere), the rubber O-ring is instead a black anodized extension of the emitter core, so on and so forth.

View attachment 1727195
View attachment 1727196
View attachment 1727197
Great review and comparison of both hilts, Mr. K. Thank you!

Alright, been a while and meant to share this sooner.
Sharing my pride for Nick's Project O1. I took the liberty of making some accuracy modifications on the 3 problem emitter window cutouts. Using high definition pics of the original prop and stun sabers off of The Propstore, I have replicated the asymmetrical cutouts but filing and meticulously shaping the aluminum just like the belt worn hero.

I also want to point out, this is not supposed to be a slap at Saberz.com dedication or details of this hilt. This is just me seeing the original prop and molding the hilt the way I saw the hero prop.

Thank you Nick for making this hilt a reality!!

Enjoy

Attachments

• 20240103_121730.jpg
    20240103_121730.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20240103_121737.jpg
    20240103_121737.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240103_121801.jpg
    20240103_121801.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240103_121839.jpg
    20240103_121839.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240103_121854.jpg
    20240103_121854.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240103_121719.jpg
    20240103_121719.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240103_121627.jpg
    20240103_121627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240103_121609.jpg
    20240103_121609.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240103_121425.jpg
    20240103_121425.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240103_121440.jpg
    20240103_121440.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240103_121447.jpg
    20240103_121447.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240103_121458.jpg
    20240103_121458.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240103_121554.jpg
    20240103_121554.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240103_121904.jpg
    20240103_121904.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240103_121912.jpg
    20240103_121912.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240103_121917.jpg
    20240103_121917.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240103_121931.jpg
    20240103_121931.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240103_121937.jpg
    20240103_121937.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240103_121943.jpg
    20240103_121943.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240103_121955.jpg
    20240103_121955.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240103_122000.jpg
    20240103_122000.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240103_122014.jpg
    20240103_122014.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240103_122023.jpg
    20240103_122023.jpg
  • 20240103_122031.jpg
    20240103_122031.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240103_122038.jpg
    20240103_122038.jpg
  • 20240103_122958.jpg
    20240103_122958.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240103_123008.jpg
    20240103_123008.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240103_123018.jpg
    20240103_123018.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back