Limited Run Saberz.com Project O1 and Project Q (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon TPM)

Just wanted to drop a note here to say that my bundle of 3 sabers arrived safely- and they each look fantastic to my eye.

I like the small plaques, I think the weathering on my examples looks great and not overdone, and I think the Maul looks and feels better than my EFX Legend, and so I’ll likely be able to let that one go now.

I did see someone comment (possibly in a video?) that the sabers are a tight fit in their protective foam, and I would agree, but that’s ok- pulling out the entire foam and pushing the saber up from below (piece that comes out doesn’t cover the bottom) seems like the best way.

Excellent work! I wasn’t 100% sure what to expect, but now I’m glad I snagged these when I could.

My Obi wan arrived the other day. I am very pleased with it. This has always been my favorite from the prequels.
I see no issue with the finish.

TPM Obi wan.jpg

I love seeing how people photograph or display their M, O, and Q hilts. Looks so good!! It would be virtually impossible to distinguish your M from an original prop based on that photo alone.

I can’t wait for you to get the rest of your set!

Any update on the Project Q and O chassis? I successfully installed the Project M and absolutely love it. My Project O and Q are looking great next to it but feeling a little empty on the inside ;)

Any update on the Project Q and O chassis? I successfully installed the Project M and absolutely love it. My Project O and Q are looking great next to it but feeling a little empty on the inside ;)
I have been sitting on a completed O1 Chassis and getting ready to shoot video of it. Lou (who developed the chassis) had me waiting because he was working on a newer version which uses a USB-C port for data + charging. That newer version (the USB-C) is in fact available right now, in Lou's Etsy store. And he has a detailed installation document for it as well. So while the video is still forthcoming, you can get started right now if you're willing and capable.

The Q chassis will be shortly behind it, it's basically complete and just needs a little more testing. The Q is the only one of the three that isn't 100% fully plug-and-play; some of it has to be wired up in situ on the hilt. But it will still feature a fully removable 18650 battery, quite a feat considering the very limited internal space.

I also need to make a new detailed video on the newer Machine Brushed Finish, for those sitting on the fence due to all the unnecessary confusion about finishes.

I have been sitting on a completed O1 Chassis and getting ready to shoot video of it. Lou (who developed the chassis) had me waiting because he was working on a newer version which uses a USB-C port for data + charging. That newer version (the USB-C) is in fact available right now, in Lou's Etsy store. And he has a detailed installation document for it as well. So while the video is still forthcoming, you can get started right now if you're willing and capable.

The Q chassis will be shortly behind it, it's basically complete and just needs a little more testing. The Q is the only one of the three that isn't 100% fully plug-and-play; some of it has to be wired up in situ on the hilt. But it will still feature a fully removable 18650 battery, quite a feat considering the very limited internal space.

I also need to make a new detailed video on the newer Machine Brushed Finish, for those sitting on the fence due to all the unnecessary confusion about finishes.

Will you be offering some way of getting these from yourselves? He doesn't ship to Ireland:(

This post is long overdue, but several weeks ago I received my replacement O1 with the new and improved machined brushed finishing:

DSC08729.jpgDSC08726.jpgDSC08718.jpg

Needless to say, a night and day difference from the one I received originally. I'm very pleased with it, and commend Saberz for being receptive to feedback and then making the exchange process an easy one for those who weren't satisfied with the finishing on the first batch. I think it's great that this will be the standard finish offering for remaining O1's going forward, and would recommend to anyone who's in the market for an accurate, electronics-friendly Obi TPM saber.

Does anybody know when Lou will be finished with designing the chassis? My Project Q is starving for some electronics.

Greyrat is also in the process of making chassis, but he also decided to do Project Q last.

Lou is still working hard on the Q chassis. Many prototypes have been made and it works fine. The issue is refining it to a point where the prints consistently make for good installs. This isn’t your typical cylinder chassis. It’s a very complex and delicate affair due to the TINY space available in this accurately sized hilt. If we upped the dimensions a bit everything would be simple. But because it’s accurate, it’s more difficult.

Aaaaaaand, there’s a HUGE SALE on now. So if you’re on the fence, go now!

Lou is still working hard on the Q chassis. Many prototypes have been made and it works fine. The issue is refining it to a point where the prints consistently make for good installs. This isn’t your typical cylinder chassis. It’s a very complex and delicate affair due to the TINY space available in this accurately sized hilt. If we upped the dimensions a bit everything would be simple. But because it’s accurate, it’s more difficult.

Aaaaaaand, there’s a HUGE SALE on now. So if you’re on the fence, go now!
Thanks for the update. Yeah I noticed it would be difficult.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back