Flash Gordon: References and/or replicas of Ming the Merciless’ ring

DracoAdamantus

I’ve been developing a recent fixation on fictional rings, and I’ve been intrigued by the ring of Ming the Merciless from 1980’s Flash Gordon. But as far as I’ve found there have been no replicas ever attempted, and I can’t find any good close-up pictures of it outside of the one shot of it one the ground.
D2CC50D9-02BF-4729-B885-81CF2431399F.jpeg
15CB7888-AA80-4428-9518-726705FC1AAB.jpeg

8A483652-703A-4B31-97E6-12EDB2B31E89.jpeg

Has anyone out there ever attempted a replica or got any good reference pics? Even if no replicas exist I’d love just to find more visual information on it.

All the shots of it from the film have it glowing so you cant really see it... so annoying!!!
Good to see some love for this fantastic film.

All the shots of it from the film have it glowing so you cant really see it... so annoying!!!
Good to see some love for this fantastic film.
If definitely appears to be a sort of dog-like demon cradling an opaque red stone, but yeah like you said on pretty much every close-up shot it had the glow effect obscuring the details.

I’ve been developing a recent fixation on fictional rings, and I’ve been intrigued by the ring of Ming the Merciless from 1980’s Flash Gordon. But as far as I’ve found there have been no replicas ever attempted, and I can’t find any good close-up pictures of it outside of the one shot of it one the ground.
View attachment 1597993View attachment 1597991
View attachment 1597992

Has anyone out there ever attempted a replica or got any good reference pics? Even if no replicas exist I’d love just to find more visual information on it.
I've made a model, and am currently printing it. Not 100% perfect but it's close.

You'll need an SLA/Resin 3D Printer to make it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back