First Order Snowtrooper....who wants to get started on this?

1978734_875730275798097_1515210407370905487_n.jpg

cant wait!...that coat and backpack though....

Not just yet. Had a couple of short-notice projects come into the workshop all of a sudden. Looks like it'll be a couple weeks before I get back to work on this.

Any one got updates? I ordered my boots last night. As I was going over the material with the ridges down the sleeve and duster what is that sewing stich called?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

looks to be the same as the ESB snowspeeder jackets stitching but dont know the name. pleats? TFA xwing jumpsuit has the same stitching as well

I hope this isnt digging up an old thread, but just wanted to throw it out there that I just bought a pair of those Women's Kamiks. Yep, thats right. Desperate times, desperate measures. Couldnt find a men's pair anywhere, so I bit the bullet and ordered a size 12 womens. It'll be snug. VERY snug. But I'll update you all once they come in. For $60 I figured it'd be worth a shot, especially since they can be returned.
UPDATE: After reading plenty of other SCAM reviews, I decided to get a refund and report the site if not refunded. What a doofus move on my part..

Last edited:
I'm really loving the look of the Snowtrooper, I don't think I will be able to resist making a costume. Is anyone doing a helmet run? I might work on a 3D printable version if not.

I ordered a pair of black canucks, from a reputable seller this time, so I'll do some paint testing and hope they come out half decent!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I ordered a pair of black canucks, from a reputable seller this time, so I'll do some paint testing and hope they come out half decent!

I was thinking of something like a white shoe polish. I initially got the black pair, but managed to get the white ones soon after. It was my opinion that we shouldn't "paint" it but try to "stain" it white, as it's a rubber material and will crack with traditional paint

I was thinking of something like a white shoe polish. I initially got the black pair, but managed to get the white ones soon after. It was my opinion that we shouldn't "paint" it but try to "stain" it white, as it's a rubber material and will crack with traditional paint
What way were you planning on staining? I was going to do the spray paint primer, then a bunch of light coats of rustoleum white and a clear coat

I may be stepping into some pretty deep waters here but is anyone starting armor builds or is this something that I should start doing my self... you know - to loose my life into type thing? I saw some helmet builds which are starting out nice.

I got the large white female canucks. Was a bit worried on the size (biggest female is 42) as my shoes range from 40 to 45. But they fit me nicely.

I am awaiting my glowforge to model the rest and cut the pepakura, foam and stuff.

Did find two zippers in a high quality freebie bag that I might use for the shoe armour nylon cover.

But I am just finishing my dredd build, and starting the production phase of my Martian suit,. so this is kinda still in a research mode..

I got some 3d files from the 405th :)

Someone local used plastic dip for his boots. It took about five coats, but it looks pretty good. I believe it can be found at Home Depot/Lowes.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back