First official image of Obi-Wan from D+ (props/costumes discussion only)

My version of the D+ saber, based on the belt hanger shown at Celebration, is available here to anyone who wants it

My version of the D+ saber, based on the belt hanger shown at Celebration, is available here to anyone who wants it

Also. I should have mentioned. Roy of wannawanga.com helped with grenade. So, if you use the model, make sure to give him a thank you as well.

Beautiful work you two!

The wind vane looks much taller on Obi's saber than we've seen before. It's almost as big as the emitter (minus the flange).
Kinda resembles the animated Clone Wars windvane
F4249E39-7FC9-4658-AA22-DB0745FFEB9D.jpeg

To be fair, the clan sabers were all mashups (of each other) so there's precedent. I mean, Maul's emitter was on the bottom of multiple sabers, including the one third from left in this photo.
Oh yeah, they were. It's just that Qui-Gon styled saber. Even though I know that Qui-Gon's saber probably wasn't entirely unique to him. And it makes sense there would similar styles, and "fads" with lightsaber designs. It just.... I don't know....feels off.

Though I will say, I like it has a control box. I always found it odd that Anakin's and Obi-Wan's designs with these big control boxes, seem to come out of the blue. I always felt they needed a few more lightsabers with control boxes.

Though I will say, I like it has a control box. I always found it odd that Anakin's and Obi-Wan's designs with these big control boxes, seem to come out of the blue. I always felt they needed a few more lightsabers with control boxes.
The Jedi made sabers go from easier to control and duel with to less ergonomic.

To be fair, the clan sabers were all mashups (of each other) so there's precedent. I mean, Maul's emitter was on the bottom of multiple sabers, including the one third from left in this photo.
I know I'm not 100% correct about this, but the first time I saw Rey's quarterstaff in Episode VII, I thought the ends were emitters or pommels from someone's lightsaber with this same style.

I know I'm not 100% correct about this, but the first time I saw Rey's quarterstaff in Episode VII, I thought the ends were emitters or pommels from someone's lightsaber with this same style.
I thought so too. At the time when images of TFA were appearing but no info to story. The big rumor was that Rey the twin of Kylo and Han and Leia's daughter. I thought that maybe she had been sent to the sand planet (what turned out to be Jakuu) by her Jedi Master Luke on some sort of mission (which all explained why the Falcon was on the same planet too because her Father let her use it). The reason I thought Luke was involved was I was sure she was hiding a lightsaber in her staff (the reason the ends looked like they did).

Last edited:
There is something to be said for design as well. The item should be balanced, and that qui gon looking one is very bottom heavy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back