First of many parts to come

LB66679

Got bit by the saber bug so I decided to start collecting parts . Have some stuff on the way , some stuff possibly being ordered and one part that came in already . Trying to build a real parts ANH Luke and a kind of real parts ANH vader .

image.jpg

Yeah, that's Parks'. I don't know if the black could be removed from the sidebars.
It is not that difficult to scratch-build new sidebars otherwise: drill holes and cut from a bar, then round them off. You could also take the opportunity to maybe also make smaller holes in them for the bent nail.

Yeah, that's Parks'. I don't know if the black could be removed from the sidebars.
It is not that difficult to scratch-build new sidebars otherwise: drill holes and cut from a bar, then round them off. You could also take the opportunity to maybe also make smaller holes in them for the bent nail.

I have a sand blaster at my shop and a polishing wheel too so I can figure it out . Basically just ordering parts and getting it all together to get a good base to tweak on

$_57.JPG

so i won this on ebay the other day. have a question though . if i pop it apart and cast the bubble strip is that bad on me ? i have a couple sabers im building coming up and possibly some friends that might need one or two and casting them myself will save a ton of money on my end .

Rebelscum did the same back in the day ... and Roy is currently having new bubbles made in almost the same way as the original Exactra's were done with a metal mold and injection-casting . . . so it just depends . . . how much time and extra money you want to invest in making your own as opposed to ordering some in a new ANH kit from Roy by the time you need them + D-rings and some T-tracks :)

Chaim

Rebelscum did the same back in the day ... and Roy is currently having new bubbles made in almost the same way as the original Exactra's were done with a metal mold and injection-casting . . . so it just depends . . . how much time and extra money you want to invest in making your own as opposed to ordering some in a new ANH kit from Roy by the time you need them + D-rings and some T-tracks :)

Chaim

thats a very good point ! I bought it to make a vintage parts saber ant thought since I paid that much might as well make a couple off of it . But buying everything in kits would save time and money !

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Replica-MPP-clamp-P328.aspx ... I just happen to come across it yesterday or the day before again, since Roy and I were discussing MPP/Heiland parts a couple of weeks ago :wacko

Chaim

Love TCSS... always lots to find/see there..

plus the owner (Tim) is GREAT do business with.. never an issues in over 5+ years! great communication too!

Also a nice 'tool' here: file:///G:/ONE-TIME/Web/mds/2015/MDS-0615-670/mds-etoc-MDS-0615-670.html

to mock up most of the available parts before you buy them!! (end plug) :)

disclaimer: requires flash so no iOS devices will work..

Love TCSS... always lots to find/see there..

plus the owner (Tim) is GREAT do business with.. never an issues in over 5+ years! great communication too!

Also a nice 'tool' here: file:///G:/ONE-TIME/Web/mds/2015/MDS-0615-670/mds-etoc-MDS-0615-670.html

to mock up most of the available parts before you buy them!! (end plug) :)

disclaimer: requires flash so no iOS devices will work..

nice I'll have to check it out when I'm not on my phone haha

and TCSS was great , super easy and fast shipping !

*Also, they do powder coating of parts..

-AND-

custom machining.. so if you want a part modified, or even a custom part.. make sure to shoot him an email!

I would assume you'd get the same effect casting them yourself- is Roy casting them in the original thickness? Roman casts thin ones so he added material on the sides to fill the space under the edges. With the original thickness you can pinch them! Thinner ones that aren't wide enough will slide around.

I'm doing injection molded acrylic bubble strips. They will be in the thickness that makes sit tight in the clamp without modifications and they will be a little wider (15mm) so they fit nicely. If you want it the width of a real Exactra strip, you can take some of. That way you can choose. The injection molded piece will be far clearer, stronger, crispier and sharper than a silicone mold casting. And the material will be not turn yellow as most resins do. I'll be receiving the FOT (first out of tool) somewhere next week and I expect the first batch in 2 weeks more.

Roy
Wannawanga.com

I'm doing injection molded acrylic bubble strips. They will be in the thickness that makes sit tight in the clamp without modifications and they will be a little wider (15mm) so they fit nicely. If you want it the width of a real Exactra strip, you can take some of. That way you can choose. The injection molded piece will be far clearer, stronger, crispier and sharper than a silicone mold casting. And the material will be not turn yellow as most resins do. I'll be receiving the FOT (first out of tool) somewhere next week and I expect the first batch in 2 weeks more.

Roy
Wannawanga.com

very nice ! I'll need a couple when they are ready forsure . It was just a thought , not a complete one just a partial one hahaha too much work for me . I'd much rather support good people and self employed enthusiasts !

oh man, starting collecting parts, its all down hill from here, i remember when i started " i just want to make a graflex replica"..... now its, graflex, and V2, kanan jarrus, yoda lol

you are in a great place, and these guys are the best. Roy's parts are awesome, i highly encourage you to check them out, very affordable as well

oh man, starting collecting parts, its all down hill from here, i remember when i started " i just want to make a graflex replica"..... now its, graflex, and V2, kanan jarrus, yoda lol

you are in a great place, and these guys are the best. Roy's parts are awesome, i highly encourage you to check them out, very affordable as well

hahahaha sounds like when I started my royal guard costume . I'll do this costume and a shadow scout then I'll be done ..... Three costumes later I'm ordering armor for my fourth and I'm on my 30th helmet build !

I have a nihilus hilt , a force pike I built and I'm collecting parts for a vader and Luke . Luke only because it used to be vader's hahaha im more into helmets and full costumes myself but when I started looking at parts I'm not going to lie the bug bit hard !! So we will see how it goes .

Ill def have to look at his parts soon .

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back