First Foam Build: Ends Of The Earth Inspired Spider-Man Armor (PIC Heavy)

Re: First Foam Build: Ends Of The Earth Spider-Man Armor (PIC Heavy)

I've hear of people doing that, but to be honest, its already a really fine spray. Maybe cos I live in los angeles and its almost 90 out lol.
The trick is to do a couple of light coats, then a wet coat. Or so the can says. If you go too heavy it drips like crazy. More than the anodized red does. But either way, with both you want a few fine coats and then a slightly heavier coat. I'm doing 4 coats of each: light, light, wet, light. This is all a first for me. Before this i'd only spray painted a picture frame. Once. However, my dad is a professional painter so maybe some of it sunk in being on site my whole childhood

Yea, the heat might have something to do with that! lol. One question though, when you say light, light, wet, what exactly is a wet coat? Just a heavier spray?

Also, the chest peice looks really great!

Yea, the heat might have something to do with that! lol. One question though, when you say light, light, wet, what exactly is a wet coat? Just a heavier spray?

Also, the chest peice looks really great!

Yeah, light would be just misting the piece, then wet would be a heavier coat than misting, but still not heavy enough to drip. I say wet, cos on that coat the piece looks shiny and wet. :)

I started putting the chest piece together today. Notice I darkened up the red on the center stomach plate. I plan to incorporate the two shades of red into the chest too. I think it will look cool.
IMAG1098.jpgIMAG1100.jpg
The pecs aren't added yet.

Here's what I have so far all in one place. First time I them all next to each other ... Awesome.
IMAG1105.jpg
I didn't make the shoulder pieces. I just painted them. They are hockey knee guards (I think) that I got at the thrift store for 3 bucks. They just happen to fit my shoulders like gloves... shoulder gloves. The gray parts will be black
IMAG1106.jpg

Last edited:

Mate this is coming along so good! Great find with the guards btw, would have saved a bunch of time and hassle!

Hit the shoulder pieces with some black plasti dip this evening. Looking cool.
IMAG1115.jpg

Finished the chest piece and hit it with plasti dip. Got a much better finish this time. I think I'm getting the hang of it
IMAG1119.jpg

This is coming together real nice! Lovin those colors!

Also, a bit off topic but who do you want to see as the next Spider-Man? Personally I wanted it to be Dylan O'Brien

This is coming together real nice! Lovin those colors!

Also, a bit off topic but who do you want to see as the next Spider-Man? Personally I wanted it to be Dylan O'Brien

Honestly, I have no clue. They all look terrible out of context. However, I really enjoyed Garfield in the last two.

Got the Chrome base on the chest piece today. I'm officially out of chrome paint.
IMAG1120.jpgIMAG1121.jpgIMAG1122.jpg

So it's been a long while since I updated this... I ran out of hot glue and red paint a while back and haven't gotten anymore yet.
However, I just started sewing the parts that'll go under the suit. I still have to sew the tights and another sleeve.

But here's some updated pics of me trying things on that are finished
Let me know what ya'all think

gdYoVI.jpgWNuf5F.jpg
E8K7wJ.jpgGTW7l0.jpg
cRmre8.jpg

Also, I dropped the helmet and some of the paint chipped so I decided to go with some slight battle damage and sanded away some more paint and gave it some scratches (did the same to the edges of the gauntlet too):

ua66jW.jpgSn5gyF.jpg

affixed the stomach piece to the undershirt I sewed:

TNSXrW.jpgTpm1Or.jpg

I glued it permanently to the shirt, It was the best way to get it to stay in place without straps.. Suppose I'll have to carefully hand wash it when the time comes *shrug*

cut out the chest spider. Just got to paint it black, then when I get the last coat of red on the chest piece I can glue it down
I dig the spider from TASM so I used that

sbttq3.jpg

I ordered some big mats of foam the other day and they arrived this morning. It's going to make the rest so much easier.24 sq ft of black EVA (10mm) for 16 bucks.
Instead of working with tiny bits of alphabet mat that I have to jigsaw together, now I can cut out larger pieces and just detail them... Things should move quicker from here on out. Will be starting on the belt, pants and leg pads soon.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back