First ever build: Predator Bio. Critique? + the start of my Iron Man build.

Re: First ever build: Predator Bio. Critique?

you did an outstanding job on your pred bio verry cool . i did my first set the paper and fiber glass way but i had a hard time moving around and bending so most of my pics are me standing with arm out like im firing repulsor lol so now that armor is for display now :) i made another set i did it in foam just so i could have more movement are you thinking of foam or fiber glass armor and good luck with your iron man armor

Paper and fiberglass all the way! And thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, get as many "real deal" Hero suit reference pics you can find. He did actually fully wear the Mark II and III. Not sure if he moved very far in them but he did wear them.

I've actually given that a fair amount of research, and yes, the MK II and III existed as full hero suits and were worn by Robert D J. They actually did full body casts of him in several positions and sculpted the suit on a mold of his body (there are some really cool making of videos on you tube). After the first film he refused to wear the complete sit due to mobility restrictions and discomfort. Every reference I've been able to find says the legs were 100% cgi on the MK IV and VI. Which brings me back to my concern that the legs from the film just can't exist with 100% accuracy in the real world. I just have to decide if I can live with that (albeit slight) difference or not. I'm kind of a perfectionist, lol.:lol

Well, I've made my decision, going with the mark III. I've got the scale down now and am starting from the ground up as it were.

Here are some progress pics so far - I'll be starting a new thread for this build soon.

upload_10000064C6B1A8_2012.11.27%2C22%3A10%3A17%2C467_A4F084C6

upload_10000064C6B1A8_2012.11.27%2C22%3A11%3A27%2C701_9AD2DADD

upload_10000064C6B1A8_2012.11.27%2C22%3A11%3A19%2C748_11A1E3A4

I so need to have a go at a real PEP. That Pred Bio is awesome and one prop replica I really want. Your IM suit is looking impressive as well.

Thank you, patience is the key, and knowing when to get up and walk away. Sometimes if I step away from a tough part for an hour or two it seems to just fall together when I go back to it. :rolleyes

Man I really admire anyone who does pep work especially when it ends up looking as good as that bio. I'm sure IM will be a breeze looking at the skills you've shown so far :thumbsup

Your Predator mask is awesome, well done! The paint job is immaculate, how did you achieve that metallic finish?

Thank you!
I actually followed this guy's youtube video.

Basically a coat of flat black spray paint and then a couple light "dry brushed" coats of waterproof "outdoor" silver acrylic followed by some washes of diluted black acrylic and final coats of clear matte spray paint.

Thank you!
I actually followed this guy's youtube video.

Basically a coat of flat black spray paint and then a couple light "dry brushed" coats of waterproof "outdoor" silver acrylic followed by some washes of diluted black acrylic and final coats of clear matte spray paint.

Hi, i can't seem to get the link to the video to work, can you remember what it was called so i can search youtube? Thanks!

Hi, i can't seem to get the link to the video to work, can you remember what it was called so i can search youtube? Thanks!

Sorry about that, it's working for me. The video is called Prop painting 101 from user troubleis1983.
Strange.

Awesome looking predator mask, do you plan on making the entire suit anytime?after you're done with the ironman one of course :D

Thanks man! A full suit is not currently in my plans, but who knows...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back