First AvP predator suit (wip)

GlennTech

Hey guys,
I'm pretty new on this forum. I've a lot experience with pepakura because I used to create Halo costumes (thanks to the 405th.com). But I wanted something else. I wanted to be a PREDATOR! after some research I found this thread AVP Armor Templates By VinMan. Thanks to vinmanmac and djgs I found a way to make my own suit. All credits go to them, this will be a budget build. Foam and foam core board (or something).

My progress so far.
New photos and better quality !!!

Upper arm: Not yet formed in the correct angle

IMG_3301.jpg

Thigh

IMG_3300.jpg

Chest (front)

IMG_3299.jpg

Groin Piece

IMG_3297.jpg

Shoulders: not yet formed in the correct angle

IMG_3303.jpg

Bio mask

IMG_3305.jpg

Falconer bio mask

IMG_3347.jpg

Butt flap

IMG_3348.jpg

Your work is looking really good. Don't forget the sage old advice, measure twice and cut once. Whats the building material that the armor is going to be made of?

Your work is looking really good. Don't forget the sage old advice, measure twice and cut once. Whats the building material that the armor is going to be made of?

I'm using now foamies (A3, 2mm thick) and I kind of foam core board for the more stiffer parts, like the belt.
It's the first time I use the foamies, I've always worked with pepakura.

New photos and better quality !!!

Upper arm: Not yet formed in the correct angle

IMG_3301.jpg

Thigh

IMG_3300.jpg

Chest (front)

IMG_3299.jpg

Groin Piece

IMG_3297.jpg

Shoulders: not yet formed in the correct angle

IMG_3303.jpg

Bio mask

IMG_3305.jpg

Falconer bio mask

IMG_3347.jpg

Butt flap

IMG_3348.jpg

Great work, so far. Try using 6mm (1/4 inch ) foamies for the chest, and thigh armor. It has better mass, and will hold up longer. If you paint it with a base coat of plasti-dip you can apply rub-n-buff for a realistic, and weathered appearance. :mad:

Great work, so far. Try using 6mm (1/4 inch ) foamies for the chest, and thigh armor. It has better mass, and will hold up longer. If you paint it with a base coat of plasti-dip you can apply rub-n-buff for a realistic, and weathered appearance. :mad:
The problem is, they only sell 1mm and 2mm foam here... maybe could a gym mat or reinforce it.

Haven't got other pics of my build. I have got som many work todo, and trying to accomplisch everything.
My falconer bio is done :)
Gonne work on the moving mandibles asap :unsure:

posting pics in a couple of days

And yes I've checked the website but foam is not urgent atm

thanks for all the support guys

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back