First Avenger belt and holster rig [COMPLETED 07MAY2012]

Re: First Avenger belt and holster rig [NEW PICS 05MAR2012]

Sorry for the delay in progress guys. Unfortunately the Army decided that I was high speed enough to go all the way out to Arizona for some more training. That was last Friday. Won't be able to start until I get back on the 24th :'( I feel horrible because the member wanting this already put down a deposit and I can't do anything until I get back home. I HATE WAITING UGGGGGH.

Good news is the holster and pouch hardware is home, with the leather in the mail. Should be able to start as soon as I get back.

Again, sorry for the delays!

p.s. Has anyone tried to use those patterns themselves? If so, how did they turn out?

Sorry for the delay in progress guys. Unfortunately the Army decided that I was high speed enough to go all the way out to Arizona for some more training. That was last Friday. Won't be able to start until I get back on the 24th :'( I feel horrible because the member wanting this already put down a deposit and I can't do anything until I get back home. I HATE WAITING UGGGGGH.

Good news is the holster and pouch hardware is home, with the leather in the mail. Should be able to start as soon as I get back.

Again, sorry for the delays!

p.s. Has anyone tried to use those patterns themselves? If so, how did they turn out?

I'm pretty sure the member would understand your situation :)

Can't wait for future updates!

Oh and if you were referring to the patterns for the pouches you shared, I did try them out and it looked great! I could post some pictures when I can. Those patterns were a huge help!

Yes, please post! I would love to see someone else's take on them/issues they ran into/improvements to the patterns.

**UPDATE**

Just got ahold of some excellent close up pictures and measurements of the screen used display. I'll be using the same patterns I made, but I'll have to adjust for the new measurements. No biggy, probably take about 10 minutes to make new ones.

Interesting enough, the belt we all thought was 3" is ACTUALLY 2.75". The whole rig is alot smaller now that I see the new changes I have to make.

**UPDATE**

Just got ahold of some excellent close up pictures and measurements of the screen used display. I'll be using the same patterns I made, but I'll have to adjust for the new measurements. No biggy, probably take about 10 minutes to make new ones.

Interesting enough, the belt we all thought was 3" is ACTUALLY 2.75". The whole rig is alot smaller now that I see the new changes I have to make.

Oh wow! With all the measurements and comparisons I've done the belt always came to be around 3" wide. That is a lot smaller.

RPF member NuRF also will be sending me some photos and measurements of the screen used suit. It's great though that a number of members here seem to have access to it :)

Many thanks to all of you for sharing the info you guys were able to gather!

Oh wow! With all the measurements and comparisons I've done the belt always came to be around 3" wide. That is a lot smaller.

RPF member NuRF also will be sending me some photos and measurements of the screen used suit. It's great though that a number of members here seem to have access to it :)

We share the same source for information it seems.. :lol

I'd post the pictures but I'd prefer if NuRF did it, beings as he was the one who put in the time and effort to get the measurements.

Pretty much the exact mesurement I gave you in your thread. ;)

We share the same source for information it seems.. :lol

I'd post the pictures but I'd prefer if NuRF did it, beings as he was the one who put in the time and effort to get the measurements.

Awesome! I'll get his permission to post them as well once he sends them to me. :D

Pretty much the exact mesurement I gave you in your thread. ;)

You're absolutely right! I believe I stand corrected. I'm happy to have been proven wrong on this. Thanks a lot for the input you gave:)

Yep, sorry about the earlier claim of accurate measurements. It appears I got sooo excited that they let me measure a couple of bits that I wasn't steady in my grip! THIS time, I wasn't rushed - had the place to myself. And I photographed the tape measure against the bits this time. Hopefully this won't cause too many problems for people's projects.

P1000128.jpg

P1000152.jpg

P1000151.jpg

P1000140.jpg

Hope these help.

Nice start on the pouches Sandman.

Fantastic photos NuRF. Thanks for posting those with the tape.

Hey NuRF, you wouldn't happen to have gotten a close up of the back of the belt where the hook is, did you? I have a plan for it, but I'm just wondering if you had a better shot of it.

Hey NuRF, you wouldn't happen to have gotten a close up of the back of the belt where the hook is, did you? I have a plan for it, but I'm just wondering if you had a better shot of it.

I am not NuRF but since I am also working on a TFA build, I will share the love!

(Also second post so I hope I don't mess up the attachments!)

Attachments

• 100_0689.JPG
    100_0689.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 565
Hello all! Finally got some free time from the Army to work on this. Don't have internet on my computer until next week so I'm using my phone for now.

Leather came in. All the pouches are cut and ready for sewing. Wife's sewing machine refuses to sew the decorative stitches so I'm forced to do those by hand. Time consuming but not impossible.

Ruined one pouch because I have the wrong dye (Fiebers medium brown). It was WAY too dark. Have to order a lighter dye tonight.

Picture to come!

While waiting on the new dye to get to me I figured I would go ahead and finish the pouch that was too dark. Came out okay but I noticed the top flap is about 1/2" too short so I will be correcting that in the next pouch I cut. Everything else came out great!

BTW I got my wifes sewing machine working. Look at those stitch lines!! :)

2012-04-08130934.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back