First Attempt Airbrushing

Canalien

Hi Hunters
This is my first attempt at airbrushing, the spots are hand done because I was not good enough to do it by Airbrush...I know Practice Practice Practice.
In the one pic I threw on some of my Foam latex dreads to see what he would look like ....I know patience patience patience.
The colour was changed after some wonderful advice from Scott ,thanks I think he looks better.
Thank You Members you have so inspired me!
Rhonda

Excellent job on the paint up, the spots look very clean cut, I think you did great, plus the dreads look very good too.

Thats really really good! I wouldnt have believed that it was your first airbrush attempt!! It must have took ages to do all those amazing spots!!

thats really well done, nice layering of colours, as for spots, patience and a steady hand will do it, i allways have a piece of paper handy so i can practise the spots before i do it on the head, but i think those hand painted ones look the part

Thats really really good! I wouldnt have believed that it was your first airbrush attempt!! It must have took ages to do all those amazing spots!!
Thanks It took about 5hr with a few breaks . I have only airbrushed a dog in Ceramics about 20 years ago. I love painting by hand, I guess I just felt more comfortable doing it by hand.Now on with the skins, wish me luck :(
Here is the Head fully dreaded.
Cheers Rhonda

It looks even more awesome now with the dreads!! Love the vains in the mouth!! So detailed! Are you going to be getting dread rings for it too?

It looks even more awesome now with the dreads!! Love the vains in the mouth!! So detailed! Are you going to be getting dread rings for it too?
Thanks so much:)
Not sure what ones to make or buy.I have a set of Dreads from Hez coming, if I switch these homemade dreads for the real ones, then I will buys some.
The homemade I would have to make some as they are different widths.
What do you think? P1,P2 or make them?
cheers

Thanks so much:)
Not sure what ones to make or buy.I have a set of Dreads from Hez coming, if I switch these homemade dreads for the real ones, then I will buys some.
The homemade I would have to make some as they are different widths.
What do you think? P1,P2 or make them?
cheers

I made mine with black nylon rope from Home depot. Cut them different lengths then sliced one end off at angle and melted it into a tip. Then bought under car rubber coating and sprayed them all. Gave a nice texture. Then I bought PVC rings (home depot) and painted different colors then slid em on with some glue.

wow really like this mask love the contrast on the dots. Did u use like a template for those dots or just free hand them cuz they look super clean

wow really like this mask love the contrast on the dots. Did u use like a template for those dots or just free hand them cuz they look super clean
Thank You Crazyk187 I hand painted the spots, they were too small so I joined some together and that is how it turned out . I am fairly new at airbrushing so I felt more comfortable doing them by hand.
And Bob Baggy's P1 is wicked , even the teeth are latex.
cheers Rhonda

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back