Finn's Leather Jacket

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We'll probably start working on our version of this shortly, but I can't seem to find any good shots of the back. It's part of the Anaheim display, so someone must have taken a photo of the back...

CCwUFl2VAAMoCBf.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

See if you can get someone to take a photo of the materials/fabrics, too - the Rey costume has a comprehensive list of which costume item/prop is made of what material.

I am extremely interested in that jacket. I'm also interested in where it originated in the story. Finn has possession of it even when he is in his armor. It is very similar to a a custom Star Wars flight jacket that I have been envisioning for years now.

RcDKQon.jpg

Strange that they say the jacket is nubuck... doesn't looks like nubuck at all. Nubuck has a suede-like finish, but this jacket looks to be a smooth full-grain. Chuck, those photos are great! Just what I needed... stay tuned!

I've got some more very detailed shots I took today. I have crap connection right now but can put some up on Sunday for you if you want!

[strike]I wonder if that really is leather.. The sleeve ribs look the same as on the new X-wing pilot's flight suit, just in a different colour.[/strike]

Edit: It is leather. The sleeve ribs are just strips of leather laid on top of each other like shingles.

Last edited:
I was thinking of modeling and printing the metal greeblieson his jacket, Indy, do you need anything like that or plan to do it all in-house?

I was planning on leaving the greeblies off, letting the customer take care of it themselves (the same plan for our Starlord Jacket). So, if you want to start developing them, it'd be a great idea!

Sweeeeet!!!!...... Looks fantastic! ... Can't see the outside of the sleeve, do you have the crazy layer thingys?( .. I know very technical terms I'm using here) ... Are you going to do Hans?.... Oh soooo want that one!!!!
image.jpg

Sweeeeet!!!!...... Looks fantastic! ... Can't see the outside of the sleeve, do you have the crazy layer thingys?( .. I know very technical terms I'm using here) ... Are you going to do Hans?.... Oh soooo want that one!!!!

Yes they've got the crazy layer things... just revising now and will post photos in a few days. We'll do Han's jacket as soon as I can get a few more better images.

-Indy

A few questions;

Are re the red areas red leather or red paint because I think the real jacket is painted.

Regarding the metal hardware and the areas where they attach. Are you allowing for ways to properly attach the hardware if found or replicated?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back