Finn's Golden Sword (Wood) - Adventure Time

RyanDVJ

Hello everyone, I'm Daniel from Venezuela and this is my first post in TheRPF.

I am currently working on the golden sword of Finn from Adventure Time, made out of wood.

This are the measurements of the sword:
SAM_0375.JPG

The blade is 50 cm long and 6,5 cm wide. Almost 2 cm thick.
SAM_0215.JPG

The point of the blade is 5 cm from the top. This really cost me a lot to sand, me the result is enough for me.
SAM_0216.JPGSAM_0217.JPG

The crossguard was made from 3 different pieces of wood glued together with Elmer's glue.
This is 4 cm tall, 13 cm wide.
Top / down view: 4,5 cm
SAM_0222.JPG
Then I glued the blade and the crossguard but with a screw to secure both

The hilt measure was made at random. It is 11 cm long and 3 cm wide approximately. Then I carved to round it.
SAM_0224.JPG

I put a screw and then glued to de crossguard
SAM_0227.JPG
SAM_0294.JPG

The bottom part is 2,5 cm in diameter
I carved a hole for the diamonds, those where some plastic jewelry I found in my house.
SAM_0226.JPGSAM_0295.JPG

I painted the back part of the jewels in red and to reflect the color, and they look perfect!
SAM_0231.JPGSAM_0229.JPG

I glued the jewels, let them dry, put a screw in the hilt y glued the tow pieces.
I also sanded the bottom of the hilt to round it and make them match.
SAM_0297.JPGSAM_0360.JPG

When everything was put together and dry I started the details on the blade.
I used a handsaw to carve because I didn't want to use a dremel.
SAM_0361.JPG

And here I have my finn's golden sword so far.
SAM_0362.JPG

In my country spraypaint is really expensive, so I will save some money to finish it. Maybe I use an aerograph and use some gold and yellow mix in the blade.
I hope you like my first post here, very happy to be part of this community. And sorry for my english.
Greetings!

SAM_0375.JPG

SAM_0215.JPG

SAM_0216.JPG

SAM_0217.JPG

SAM_0222.JPG

SAM_0224.JPG

SAM_0227.JPG

SAM_0294.JPG

SAM_0226.JPG

SAM_0295.JPG

SAM_0229.JPG

SAM_0231.JPG

SAM_0297.JPG

SAM_0360.JPG

SAM_0361.JPG

SAM_0362.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I recently 3D printed the Finn Sword for a friend's birthday present. I now want to make the other swords too! Subscribed
IMG_20170128_110928.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Great Work - I purchased a discount Halloween foam version of this sword to put up on the wall and everyone who comes over recognizes and loves the Finn Sword !

Great Work - I purchased a discount Halloween foam version of this sword to put up on the wall and everyone who comes over recognizes and loves the Finn Sword !
Thanks! The Finn sword is iconic, impossible not to recognize. Maybe I make a stand to mount on the wall, thanks for the idea.

If your going for wall mounting, how about a crossed swords set of this and Jake's sword?! Cool idea but I have just doubled your work lol!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back