FINISHED! HOT TOYS P2 HIPPIE PREDATOR.

hellonearth

well with the help of usurpers version of the facial patterns on his hippie bust, i decided to try to make a 1/6 scale hippie predator. for the longest time i had an extra mcfarlane P1 shoulder bell to put on top of the P2 for this character, and like all things, it disappeared right before i went to use it apparently. so yes there are still a few details to add, still need to make his sword somehow, couldn't remove the dread beads obviously, but i think so far it's turning out pretty cool. i'd say he's about 90 % done, still some shading and weathering to be added but comparing him to the few pics we have of him i'm becoming excited about this one :D i'm also making an alternate, open set of mandibles for him, i like options :)

please let me know what you think, and tips or maybe things i missed somehow, please, tell me, i'm going for as much accuracy as possible.

thanks in advance for looking or any comments you might give. hope you guys like it!!!!

DSCN0817.jpg

DSCN0815.jpg

DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

well there he is, almost, the hands and feet haven't been touched yet, and i still wanted to touch up some of the facial patterns, but i wanted to get some pics up cause i know a lot of us are hippie fans, and i thought it was turning out pretty cool so far.

but please let me know what you all think!! thanks again for looking!!

DSCN0817.jpg

DSCN0815.jpg

DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

wow, thanks guys!! i'm glad it could be appreciated. i'll post a couple updated pics when he's done, workin on it right now...

and predator666thepain666 it was your lost hunters that inspired me to make my own, always liked those man

anyway, thanks those of you who replied!! i think i'm either gonna repaint my P2 elder next or make a boar/brother boar, whichever one looks like he has flames comin around the sides.

but all your comments are very much appreciated!!, thank you!!

No prob mate
you've done a great job on him, he looks really impressive
i'm pretty sure Bryan will be happy that he has inspired others to create the Hot Toys Lost Hunters cuz his are just really killer.

hey does anyone have any pics of hippies sword? i keep feeling like i'm missing something and then remembering that he has a sword that i don't even have full detail of, even if someone spots the silhouette of the blade would be appreciated, here's what i'm talkin about, right hip.

l_179c47e411106ae49090da3f882628d0.jpg

as you can see, the end of the blade is a mystery, to me at least, i don't think it's to the point of having to come up with something yet, i just hope there is at least one pic of even some concept art of what this sword looks like in it's entirety. i just want it to be accurate.

but everybody, seriously, thanks again!! i'm glad i haven't disgraced him apparently

l_179c47e411106ae49090da3f882628d0.jpg

The Hippie Predator is by far my favorite out of all the Predators, and I must say you knocked the Hot Toys build up out of the park. Nicely done!! The paintwork looks so clean, and the pattern is nice and crisp. You certainly have an eye for detail as well. Be sure and take pics when you get the P1 shoulder-cup installed.

Im working on turning a few of my Hot Toys into... well, just better looking figures; and the Hippie was on my list. I was having a ******* of a time trying to decide on which head to use - the "Lost Predator" head, or the Hero head. I think the Hero head lends more of a regal quality to the character.

As far as the sword goes, scrap it. Are you going for screen-accuracy? It wasn't used in the final scenes, and looking at the pictures I can see why. It looks way out of place, and almost like a toy. Call me crazy, but I've watched the end of P2 a hundred times, and I swear that the Borg Predator has something similar to that weapon. Also, he didn't have a neck gaurd in the final scenes. I guess they were trying to portray some Predators on "leave." I guess... I don't really know, but what you've done WORKS!! So, congrats on that!

wow.

now after the awesomeness of the pictures i have 2 things to say.

1, thats the best modified Hot toys i have seen so far , easiiiiiiiiiiily.

2, do not ruin it by using my paint up as reference, you obviously have a great eye for the body patterns, so i am sure you can get better reference with your own eyes than using my bust.

great work anyway.

Hey Bro. After doing research, Hippie does not have a sword in the movie like Robillicus mentioned, and as for Borg having it, I looked and he has something on his left hip, but it is hard to say. But If you want some support, I say go for it. They originally wanted him to have it, but didn't use it for the movie, But your HT Hippie needs something to kick ass with. Be creative. I noticed that the larger blade looks like it rounds off like a machette end like the elders, and as for the skinnier blade it is hard to say, but that is why we call it custom! Let me know if you go for it, If you do or not i'm also looking into making one too. Keep up the good work and keep us updated with a wip.

wow guys, thank you!! i didn't realize anyone else ever posted on this till the other night, but i've been doin nothin but workin on the hippie since i first posted him up.

rob, i'm so glad i hit the mark buddy! and as for the sword, i wasn't sure, i see something silhouetted on that hip in the movie, but yet most of the behind the scenes pics didn't have it, anyhow i just didn't know. either way i was gonna make one out of the pure necessity of having it, but i suppose i won't concentrate too hard on it right now (although count it eventually being made:). and yes , about the neckring... i know, i know, while i kept screamin about accuracy, that was the one thing i chose to change only because hot toys pred necks look a little long and skinny without them so i opted to put one on him, i did the same for my borg pred because of the same reason. so i hope this can be forgiven :rolleyes: everything else though! i'm gonna try to nail it. (and i agree, i used a hero head for my hippie i'm sure you could tell, but make sure you post pics when you get some of your preds done man!)

usurper, i appreciate your modesty towards me using your work buddy, and i did notice some slight differences after you said that (still an amazing bust anyway!) and i adjusted a few little things but nonetheless without your bust as a base to spring from, it would not have turned out as well, so say what you want glad i haven't made you regret letting me use your work ;)

guys, thanks for your help in clearing up a few things!! i still have one last little detail on his face that i need to address, and that's the color of hippies eyes?!? anybody have any clue? i'm sure it's next to impossible to know exactly, but if anyone has any evidence of what kinds of colors he has goin on in his eyes it would be greatly appreciated!! otherwise i may just have to use usurpers bust again?!? :p huh!? anybody?

seriously, i'm all for using those colors for the eyes, i think they go quite well with his skintones, but i was just curious.

anyway, thank you all, i'm glad it can be appreciated by so many o_O here's a couple progress pics, done the hands and feet, added color to the mouth and teeth (not much cause hippie doesn't seem to have as colorful a mouth area as some preds, and some of the pink way down in there still needs to be drowned out a bit), still looking for that damn P1 shoulder bell!! and touched up most of the patterns on the head that had kinda bled when i put on the first gloss coat (but still needs some shading). thanks for looking guys!!

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

comin along i think, i was messing around with some P2 open mandibles on a P1 head, and POOF!! you've got a great base to make a "snake" pred!! just noticed the other day that he has the same "P1 head w/P2 mandibles" deal goin on as the elder, so i have an incentive to start a few different ones next, just can't decide!!! we'll just have to see i guess :lol: thanks for looking and any comments that may be given!

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

Looks great, but I thought the Hippie was blue?

No, the Hippie was a combination of green and brown hues. The only "blue" Predator was the Ram Predator. This is by far the most correct representation of the Hippie Predator as far as I'm concerned. Sans the neckring, but that's semantics!!! Heheh. o_O

The paint work looks great!! Nicely done my friend!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back