Finished FINALLY. My SAMARITAN.

Beautiful work, Adam!

I have a Volpin Samaritan kit that I’ll be building, so look forward to seeing the tracer round build!

Sean

Beautiful work Adam! Congratulations on "completing" your Samaritan project.

On a side note, I'm sad to see the podcast go away. I've really enjoyed it over these past 8-9 years.

Well that looks exactly like I knew it would! Really looking forward to the last few videos. Been a lot of fun watching it here and on youtube.

Now how's about a speedloader to complement that beast? ;-)
He's already got that covered:

samaritan case.jpg

The rifling what puts it over the top. The black oxide also makes it look like steel. I can't wait to see the final video(s). Thanks for sharing the blackening agent, I always assumed it was a very industrial process.

The finish, the abuse, the weathering is so freaking amazing. I like that you always weather your work, it feels so much more real then.

I was curious about when you mentioned in a video you were going for a manufactured look instead of a handmade look though. Wouldn't this be some custom one for Hellboy, and be handmade, and have those tell tales? Just personal preference?

Either way I'm blown away (hah) by how this turned our and the work put in.

Absolutely fantastic build. I wonder how much it is worth...if you count the hours spent building it?
what is your next “big” build?

beautiful work - gluing plastic together can look great but nothing as satisfying as real metal with mechanical connections - makes me want to get out to my workshop - so more than beautiful, its inspirational work!

Just watched the Rifling video, Thanks for an hour of anxiety :) I'm so glad you didn't have to do a replacement... We all know you got there already, But Damn, I wish you had a press ;)

watched that too - i think had i been adam i would have gone and bought a hydraulic press - if nothing else would have saved him a few days of stiff muscles :)

Ridiculously cool! That's the most convincing blued-steel finish I've seen accomplished on aluminum.
It really does look like cast steel. The rifling in the barrel is the icing on the cake.
Steel would be cool (and way easier to blue) but crazy-heavy.
Aluminum would be my choice - especially with that finish. A+

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back