FINISHED Balrog new pics 7/12/10 last page

Re: My first sculpt...Balrog new pics pg 6

I didn't have time to go through this entire thread, but I will. Awesome sculpt. I have just started sculpting, too.

It's been a bit, figured I would check in to see if there's been any progress?

Apologies for the delay. I'm in the process of separating the balrog for molding and finishing touches. Gonna post some stuff soon. Thanks for the kind words.

Carl

It's been a bit, figured I would check in to see if there's been any progress?

It's been a while, figured I would check in for an update..... ??

At the moment I'm detailing the underside of the wings. Ive separated the wings, the arms and will do so for the head and tail. All for molding. Pics will follow shortly. Gonna need some molding advice from all you experts out there. :confused Any good solid recommendations for molding material?

Carl

Any news on this?

Re: My first sculpt...Balrog new pics 6/8

3608020766_52a156cc3e.jpg

3608057590_76c9431984.jpg

couple of shots of the underside of wings. I made the armature so strong Ive had a tough time separating the parts. I'm going to be removing the tail and head today so I can detail the underside.

Carl

Last edited:
Re: My first sculpt...Balrog FINALLY new pics 6/21/10

It has been a longtime coming. I was finally able to mold this thing and started casting with some good resin. Using Vagabond resin btw. This stuff rocks. Very strong almost plastic quality. Here are some teaser pics. Will be posting some finished and painted stuff very soon. thanks for looking

131-3118_IMG.jpg

131-3149_IMG.jpg

131-3131_IMG.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Re: My first sculpt...Balrog FINALLY new pics 6/21/10 last page

WOW!!! I can't believe this is you first sculpt, it seems like you been doing this for a long time.

GFollano

Re: My first sculpt...Balrog FINALLY new pics 6/21/10 last page

Dude, this is awesome. I LOVE the Balrog... where can I sign up?:love

Re: My first sculpt...Balrog new pics 6/28/10 last page

Hi
Here is some progress pics. I have casted my wings and have begun painting. I am molding the tail now. Once that is done I can start the complete painting process.

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Re: Balrog new pics 6/28/10 last page

Thanks for the kind words. :) Started the painting process. Now its getting exciting for me to see it come to life with some fiery paints. Hope you like.
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Re: Painted Balrog new pics 6/28/10 last page

Couple more in progress shots. Got the wings on and the tail. Now to fill the seams then paint. More pics to come soon. Thanks for looking

Carl

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back