Finished 1:350 USS Enterprise Refit

clancampbell

Sr Member
Just finished this yesterday. It's got a custom mirrored base, Trekmodeller light kit, a lot of my own LED's to create spotlight effects, (thanks yet again to Raytheon!!!) this time i decided to use Acreation decals for the hull patterns.
I used the supplied R2 decals for strongbacks etc. Just wanted it to be a bit different.

All the usual interiors are present, i've used some of the brass Paragrafix parts. I've also used a combination of PNT and kit supplied decals.

I sanded off all the phasers and the pylon conduits. I remade the phaser bumps from 2mm plastic rod, rotating in a dremel sanded them to roundness.

Little guys from L'arsenal are here populating the interiors too.

Steve Neill really inspired me with his astonishing 1:350 NX build..... i have nowhere near this guys finesse or skill and it was his patient, skillfull work on the afforementioned kit that really kept me going.
I know a lot of you are going to hate the Acreation patterns, but i love them. The finished decals were given a couple of coats of pearl white.
I had a few cock ups here and there and i will never be without Micro-Sol ever again!

Sorry my pics aint great....

Rich

new1350001.jpg

new1350002.jpg

new1350005.jpg

new1350009.jpg

new1350007.jpg

new1350004.jpg

new1350012.jpg

new1350022.jpg

new1350024.jpg

betterlight001.jpg

betterlight006.jpg

betterlight021.jpg

betterlight019.jpg

betterlight016.jpg

betterlight014.jpg

betterlight013.jpg

betterlight012.jpg

betterlight017.jpg

betterlight016.jpg

betterlight015.jpg

betterlight026.jpg

betterlight025.jpg

betterlight023.jpg

betterlight022.jpg

betterlight005.jpg

betterlight010.jpg

betterlight009.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. Sure, there are nitpickers out there who will take you to task for this and that (Ask them to show you their model), but I think it looks great.

Steve Neill really inspired me with his astonishing 1:350 NX build..... i have nowhere near this guys finesse or skill and it was his patient, skillfull work on the afforementioned kit that really kept me going.

Well you could sure fool me. Now I need to build another and I hate mine. Fantastic job! Beautiful and stunning. Be very proud.

Don't worry about the nitpickers. What have they done anyway? Except nitpick?

Steve

Love that you went with the purple in the inside of the nacelles, very TMP. Did you use the back light effect for the registry lighting? It looks spot on.

That's awesome work. After your previous thread about the Acreation decals, which enlightened me to the never-before-noticed-colors in the process, this has finished out very nicely.

That is incredible. Really, really incredible. I'd say you could hold this up to Steve Neill's stuff and be proud of it. The effort really shows in the finished product. The lighted shots are especially convincing...coulda told me it was the studio model and I would've believed you!

wow great build!!!!!!!!!!!!
is most of the surface color from the decals and a little painting or is that all decals?

how study is the engine support pylons. they were always very flimsy on the original smaller model. is there anything you did to it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back