Finished 1:350 USS Enterprise Refit

wow great build!!!!!!!!!!!!
is most of the surface color from the decals and a little painting or is that all decals?

how study is the engine support pylons. they were always very flimsy on the original smaller model. is there anything you did to it.

Thanks for the praise everyone!
The pylons i've always found to be absolutely fine without any reinforcement. As i've said, i've built 3 of these, all with lights, and i've never had a problem with the pylons.
As regards the paint, i started with matt black, then silver then gloss white. I used a thinned dark grey for the deflector grid lines. I didn't use the decals for stuff like the grey/blue sections at the fronts of nacelles, nacelle triangular...ummm...thingy's, and numerous other stuff....it wqas just easier
to paint these bits.

Rich

Last edited:
Thanks for the praise everyone!
The pylons i've always found to be absolutely fine without any reinforcement. As i've said, i've built 3 of these, all with lights, and i've never had a problem with the pylons.
Rich

Same here. I have built the same model straight out of the box. It's been almost 2 years now and they are still perfect. Really I think this whole thing is the boy that cried Werewolf.

Steve

Rich, Great Job! you have made me reconsider some of the things in my build. I am ordering some of the 3D 1/350 resin figures, the photo etch figures just dont hold up to 3D. I am also reconsidering some of the lighting on my build. The decals are interesting as well. Be proud of the build and please, next time show us pictures throughout the build. How long did your build take, I have 11 months into mine and I am only about 3/4 done?

BTW, I trained some of your 4th Yorkshire Infantry back in 2008. Grate group of guys.

Jeff

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back