Figure scale TOS BSG Viper replica

Riceball

Master Member
Ok, it's not exactly a model but I figured that this was as a good a place to put this thread as any.

Anyhow, I've recently discovered that some enterprising fan out there has been making proper figure scaled old school Colonial Viper toy replicas and by figure scale I mean that it's scaled to actually accommodate a 3 3/4" action figure, unlike the originals from the late '70s. Best of all, they also have functional missile launchers that got removed from the originals shortly after they were released. This person also makes a replica Cylon Raider at the same scale and even includes replacement legs for the Centurion figures so that it can actually sit in the Raider.

Here's a video talking about the Viper.

I notice for the video on the original viper the wings don't flip up like the toy did. I have no idea why they did that on the toy, but they did flip up.

I'm also wondering which way the cockpit opens. The original toy was completely bass-ackwards and flipped open from the front.

Very cool!

I still have the old toy Vipers and Cylon Raider. Even have those two weird modular things for the viper

Lost the Cylon pilot though somewhere along the way

bsg1.jpg

acd7962d23b5a1f1a68a108aca14f4a2.jpg

Wow! Great blast from the past post!

I remember a store had these, but wayyyy over priced, but the only place that had them. I ended up saving up to get the viper and the raider

Wow! Great blast from the past post!

I remember a store had these, but wayyyy over priced, but the only place that had them. I ended up saving up to get the viper and the raider
But these aren't the same as the old ones, in a way, they're better since they can actually accommodate a 3 3/4" action figure which the old ones couldn't.

I notice for the video on the original viper the wings don't flip up like the toy did. I have no idea why they did that on the toy, but they did flip up.

I'm also wondering which way the cockpit opens. The original toy was completely bass-ackwards and flipped open from the front.
I don't recall if they showed in the video which way the canopy is hinged, I suspect that it swings forward like the original. But in the Mk II, it comes off completely and is held on with magnets.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back