Fetts $25 Iron Man - Mark V Suit Tutorial

Here are a few more pics of the work that I had done before I broke my foot. I have the chest plate assembled, with the modded toy arc reactor. I changed out the bulbs to bright white leds, and added a constant on switch. It still works if you tap the front, but I wanted the option to keep it on as well. I also started working on the arm as you can see and was trying to figure out how to add the toy repulsor to it. I took all the wiring out of the toy, and cut off only what I needed, now I can make the wires longer if need be and tuck them inside the arm, then just mount the toy portion onto my arm piece. Oh how I wish I could finish this. :cry

Here are a few more pics of the work that I had done before I broke my foot. I have the chest plate assembled, with the modded toy arc reactor. I changed out the bulbs to bright white leds, and added a constant on switch. It still works if you tap the front, but I wanted the option to keep it on as well. I also started working on the arm as you can see and was trying to figure out how to add the toy repulsor to it. I took all the wiring out of the toy, and cut off only what I needed, now I can make the wires longer if need be and tuck them inside the arm, then just mount the toy portion onto my arm piece. Oh how I wish I could finish this. :cry

its coming out great, hope your foot heals soon. :thumbsup

Holy Smokes. Good on ya man!
How'd you handle the glove/finger situation? Was that just modded out from the toy as well?

Hey all you Iron Man fans, I just rented Iron Man 2 for PS3 as I can't really do anything else right now, and I got really hype when I played the third or fourth mission. It starts off, and when the mission starts you're in the Suit Case Suit!!!!! It was awesome, and got me really excited for all the help you guys are giving me to help me acheive a finished suit. This site is the best, and you guys make it a great community.

Update on my helm for this project.
Did the Resin and Fiberglass today. As you can see some of the pepping didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped but I'll fix it in bondo land.
I used Aqua Resin and Aqua-Glass. Lessons learned on the mixing (go EASY a little goes a long way). But dear GOD I am sold on Aqua Glass. Mixes well with the resin and hardens very nicely.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions? I'm all ears.

I'd just like to stop by on the thread and say how awesome and infuriating(at the same time) building this thing is. I'm gonna punch Ultron if he says we're cutting out another helm!

Re: Awsome but how to download

WOW thats awesome but i dont understand how do i download the templates soz im newbie

You can find the files to download, and then google Pepakura Designer. That program will allow you to open the file extensions. I did it myself to see what it looked like, but that was after I went the sintra route. Good luck, and just keep looking around. These guys on here have great tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi top work on the plastic armour.Do yo have a link on here to the blueprints please? I would be most appreciative.Thanks in advance:) Also if you have any links to the rest of the armour that would be awesome.Sorry if im asking so many questions but im a NOOB & trying to navigate the site is quite daunting at first :confused

Hi top work on the plastic armour.Do yo have a link on here to the blueprints please? I would be most appreciative.Thanks in advance:) Also if you have any links to the rest of the armour that would be awesome.Sorry if im asking so many questions but im a NOOB & trying to navigate the site is quite daunting at first :confused

It's all in the first post.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back