Fennec Helmet WIP

inkblot

Worked on today while streaming on Twitch.

So glad to see more of this character - hopefully we'll learn more about her :)

Fennec-Helmet-WIP-20201205-01.jpg
Fennec-Helmet-WIP-20201205-02.jpg
Fennec-Helmet-WIP-20201205-03.jpg
Fennec-Helmet-WIP-20201205-04.jpg
Fennec-Helmet-WIP-20201205-05.jpg

I may still need to address practical hinges for this thing, but I'm happy that most of this is done. Will probably next address the little greeblies she's got on her costume, but I'm not at a point personally where I'm ready to draft out her outfit. My printer's also been having some extrusion issues, so until I can adequately address them, I'll probably hold off printing this until then.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Just a thought I had when rewatching episode 6. The real helmet might be a two piece magnetic helmet. It looks like a very snug fit to squeeze into. When she takes it on and off, you don't actually see her do so. She places the helmet on top of her head, then it cuts away.

Very nice.

Just a thought I had when rewatching episode 6. The real helmet might be a two piece magnetic helmet. It looks like a very snug fit to squeeze into. When she takes it on and off, you don't actually see her do so. She places the helmet on top of her head, then it cuts away.
It does seem to hinge open at least a bit, but I agree the fit is likely to be quite tight. I don't have a scan of my head yet, but a mannequin head model did look quite tight at the correct proportion. I will probably get family to help me out with some photos and just stitch together a rough model using MeshRoom, but I've always known my head was a bit on the bigger side too (i have a history of misjudging helmet size and appropriate head openings), so some futzing around might be in order before any official printing happens.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back