Fem Arrow Season 8 build

Maryfoxfirebird

After a small break from cosplaying I'm itching to try a new character. CW's Green Arrow in his season 8 suit. I really like how slimmed down the suit is. Fewer straps and buckles. I was able to pre order Superfit's Queen Track suit. It mimics the current suit but could pass as street wear or a gym outfit. I also scored a season 1/8 bow from an ebay builder. For the boots I found some of the special forces Reebok combat boots, as getting the nike free sneakers next to impossible. For the gloves an ebay black tactical glove.

oliver queen boot.jpgoliver queen suit.png oliver queen glove.jpg My only snag is how the quiver is worn. In the promo pics there's seems to be no visible means of wearing it. oliver queen reference pic.jpg Any suggestions?

Ugh....... That's what I was afraid of. If I was just using the hoodie as a straight cosplay I would mod the hell out of it, but I really love the idea of having a nice geeky hoodie as well. Hmm I'll have to brainstorm once I get the outfit (Jan 7th). Does anyone here just do the small hip quivers?

You might attach the quiver with magnets, like they attach Captain America's shield. You can wear shoulder straps underneath with powerful magnets so you don't have to cut the hoodie.

Thanks for the awesome idea. Is anyone doing the the season 8 quiver? I'm still on the hunt for some con safe limbs. I hope to have a suit up session after the new year. Will post pics.

So both the suit and the bow are delayed. I've still not found a quiver I like yet. Kevin Smith will be in town next month and I'm hoping to wear the suit sans bow to his talk. I saw him in Breckenridge Co and dressed up like Supergirl in below 0 weather. I'm hoping this outfit will be warmer. Will post pics once I finally get the suit (jan 22th)

Currently experiencing ebay bow drama.......I recieved a partial refund this evening for my bow with no explanation. Can anyone recommend a bow maker? Trying to pull this all together in time the Ace Boston Comic Con in March.

oliver queen boot 2.jpgIMG_4851.JPGIMG_4852.JPGIMG_4853.JPG Suit finally came into today. It's super comfortable and has loads of pockets. Very pleased to have a great base to build from. I've found some what looks like boxing boots by nike that might work. I'm still hunting for a bow, a mask, a back and 2 thigh quivers. Kevin Smith is next week and I hope to grab a pic with him.

Update. Bad news the boots as awesome as they are didn't fit and up on the E bay. Was doing research on how Oliver Queen keeps his hood on in all the fight scenes.......according to the costume designer they just sew in a beanie to fit and keep everything is place. I need to fix mine. It does help but sewing into the hood has not been fun. I do like how secure it feels on my head. I also got a domino mask that just needs a bit of foam padding for comfort. Slow progress but progress all the same. No pics with Kevin or in costume (it was really cold). I'm still looking for a quiver and a bow.

Attachments

• IMG_5879[1].JPG
    IMG_5879[1].JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_5883[1].JPG
    IMG_5883[1].JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 287
They don't sew the beanie into the hood, its a separate piece with Velcro. Loop on the hood, hook on the beanie.

Also the quiver for the hero costumes did not have a strap internally as the quiver was attached directly to the jacket. Using the workout gear though you may want a strap system.

They don't sew the beanie into the hood, its a separate piece with Velcro. Loop on the hood, hook on the beanie.

Also the quiver for the hero costumes did not have a strap internally as the quiver was attached directly to the jacket. Using the workout gear though you may want a strap system.

Awesome. Thanks for the insight. I'll hope to have some process pics up soon.

Finally got my bow and I've gone and ordered the Oakley Light Assault boots. They're the closest thing in my size to pass for his boots. I aiming to have this all together by Halloween. I'm currently practicing archery at my local range. Its super relaxing to just put on some music and fire away.

As things come together, I'll keep posting. Thanks to everyone who has followed this thread and offered great advice.

RQZM8970.JPG
RQZM8970.JPG
2020-09-12.png
RQZM8970.JPG2020-09-12.png

IMG_6983 (2).JPG
First try on. I'm working on removing the "super x" from the pants. Will wear the eye makeup for a closeup. The Oakley boots fit well but need some mods for the insole and the laces. Overall I'm happy with it. I'm still in need of a quiver. Any recommendations from the hive mind?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back