Feedback Request for seller "Matt's Replica Props" (K-9 replica)

Time Lord

image.jpg
*Not sure if this is the right place for this so Mods please move if it's not, thanks*

For some time I've been planning on building my own tin dog but travel, space considerations and other projects have relegated this to the back burner. I was pleasantly surprised then when Etsy popped this seller, "MattsReplicaProps" onto my home page with a really nice K-9 for around $300. The seller's name is Matt James and everything looks legit, and he responds to questions, however I've received some conflicting info via friends within the Whovian community and so I'm a bit cautious and would greatly appreciate it if anyone can vouch for him either way. Thanks

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MattsReplicaProps
https://www.etsy.com/listing/211847805/who-s-doctor-k-9-dog-doctor-who-full

Last edited:
I bought a handels replica on his eaby store for christmas on his eaby store. We cept getting excuses about why he had not sent it. He wasnt very responsive eaither and would often be long periods of time before he would respond. We contact ebay and opend a case he got in contact and said he would send it if we closed it or we could have a refund. We again contacted ebay as the refund hadnt gone through it turn out there wasn,t enough money in his acount. So eaby gave us a refund and chased him up for a refund and we never got the item. Im not saying his products are rubbish if anything they look great Im just saying be careful as you may end up in a similar situation that I did. If you do order one let me know how you got on.

I got screwed over by him as well. Here is the etsy conversation

Compose

[h=2]Re: Order #187357620 on Feb 3, 2015[/h] Between you and Matthew james from TheHobbyHutUk

• darthmoose74
    Mar 19, 2015
    Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/187357620

Looking for an update for my Key to Time purchase.

• Matthew james
    Mar 19, 2015
    Got posted out Monday

• darthmoose74
    Mar 28, 2015
    OK, if it got sent out on the 16th and it is the 28th now. Do you have tracking on the package?

• Matthew james
    Mar 28, 2015
    there not tracked its just sent signed for, so i get a email when u sign. as i only have to provide proof of postage with etsy. ill upload pic of receipt when i get home later.

• Matthew james
    Mar 28, 2015
    i no theres been alot of delays at customs so could just be delayed. but i tell u what if u not received by thursday next week. ive got another 1 at home which will be finished by end of weekend that im making for a friend and ill send u that 1 out friday via fedex that will be delivered within 3 days and ill make another 1 for my friend whos not paid yet

• darthmoose74
    Mar 28, 2015
    Um nothing has been signed for or recived on this end so how can you have a receipt?

• darthmoose74
    Mar 29, 2015
    Well Saturday is over and nothing still.

• Matthew james
    Mar 29, 2015
    Receipt to say I've shipped it...... I will just get another sent out or do you want me to recall that one back and refund you?

• darthmoose74
    Mar 29, 2015
    Already told everyone it will be at the event so I do need it. Lot of people looking forward to seeing it. Lots of potential future customers will be seeing your work.

• darthmoose74
    Mar 30, 2015
    Monday is over and still nothing. If you did not actually ship it on the 16th just let us know and ship it asap please.

• Matthew james
    Mar 30, 2015
    Im getting a little concerned why you think i have not sent it? i have also attatched proof of postal reciept and also as i stated in previous message if u have not received by thursday this week. ive got another 1 here that im making for a friend and ill send u that 1 out friday to replace this lost one if it doesnt turn up and i will make another 1 for my friend whos not paid yet

• darthmoose74
    Apr 1, 2015
    Ah I thought you meant previously that you got a reciept that we got it. Not one that says you shipped it. Alas it is Wednesday night and still nothing.

• darthmoose74
    Apr 3, 2015
    Well it is Friday and nothing came. So now what?

• Matthew james
    Apr 3, 2015
    finishing this one to send out or shall i refund you?

• darthmoose74
    Apr 3, 2015
    I said a few times we need it. Already have your work advertised for the convention. How long till you send it out?

• Matthew james
    Apr 3, 2015
    be middle of next week as everywhere closed here because of easter weekend

• darthmoose74
    Apr 4, 2015
    OK, keep me posted.

• darthmoose74
    Apr 7, 2015
    If it ships this work week that still give it time to get here for the first convention where your work will be displayed. So if for any reason it does not ship this work week let us know.

• Matthew james
    Apr 7, 2015
    ok will do matey :)

• darthmoose74
    Apr 11, 2015
    It is Saturday afternoon. Did you get it done and shipped yet?

• Matthew james
    Apr 11, 2015
    posting monday dude, im away at a con and my wife is posting it on her way to work monday, i will get her to try and send some pics later :)

• darthmoose74
    Apr 13, 2015
    Pictures? Did it get sent out today?

306 east mission ave.
    Bellevue NE, 68005

• darthmoose74
    Apr 14, 2015
    Pictures? Did it get sent out yesterday?

• Matthew james
    Apr 14, 2015
    I will let you know and update tracking when i get home later tonight as not spoke to wife yet

• darthmoose74
    Apr 15, 2015

• Matthew james
    Apr 15, 2015
    rn025571043gb :)

• darthmoose74
    Apr 15, 2015
    So no pictures?

• Matthew james
    Apr 15, 2015
    my mrs has some on phone will get them to you this week matey :)

• darthmoose74
    Apr 15, 2015
    How about today?

• darthmoose74
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hello? No pics still and Shipping still says they have not received the package...

• darthmoose74
    Apr 17, 2015
    How many weeks does it take to send pictures?

• Matthew james
    Apr 17, 2015
    She didn't take any so will just have to make sure it's OK when you get it and if not return for refund

• Matthew james
    Apr 17, 2015
    And it says it's on its way

• darthmoose74
    Apr 17, 2015
    No returns, no refunds. We want what we ordered months ago and that is the bottom line. If you sent an unfinished or damaged item you might as well take it back before it gets here and send what was promised. You want your item display at con's to say prop never received then that is your choice. Not trying to be rude, don't know you personally. Just letting you know. Would rather have the display help get new customers.

• Matthew james
    Apr 17, 2015
    Can I ask Wat makes u think that ur gunna get something u haven't ordered? I'm little bit worried what u think of me. As u can see from my reviews I do a good job and from my items on here . Find it a little offensive what u stated in last message. In no way would I send a unfinished or damaged item out. If it did arrive damaged that would be fault of shipping company and that's why all my items are sent insured and tracked . Also just to add I'm not meant to put pictures up of development and stuff through etsy it's just there rules as I've been warned about this off them a few times.... :)

• darthmoose74
    3 days ago
    Any shipping updates on your end? Nothing on mine yet.

• Matthew james
    3 days ago
    will give them a call later dude and get back to you :)

• darthmoose74
    6 hours ago
    You messed up the shipping again. You put the name as some Steven guy instead of christian mendolia and the address as 206 instead of 306. Please call 18002911179 to fix this....

• Matthew james
    6 hours ago
    You sure it's got 306 on receipt?

• Matthew james
    6 hours ago
    I did send a order out to a Steven groves at a 206 but he was in holland

• darthmoose74
    6 hours ago
    Well you screwed up. Call and fix this now.

• Matthew james
    6 hours ago
    Ok .... if it says on receipt I posted you your address then why have I screwed up may I ask??? And less of attitude or I won't do anything!!! If you've not got I would of sent another replacement out as I have 2 here I have for when more orders come in....

• Matthew james
    6 hours ago
    Not sure how ive screwed up??

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    Can't miss the box as it's a brown box with a smaller brown box attached with docs in and address on

• darthmoose74
    5 hours ago
    The address is wrong you put 206 we are306.

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    Well I no what I sent and where I sent it as it states on receipt. If usps have delivered to wrong address and not read writing properly that's there fault. If I get a small apologise as u can see it's not my fault as I sent to ur address. I'll happily send another 1 out this week and hopefully gets to u. As I'm always happy to resolve problems without any attitude.

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    Well I no what I sent and where I sent it as it states on receipt. If usps have delivered to wrong address and not read writing properly that's there fault. If I get a small apologise as u can see it's not my fault as I sent to ur address. I'll happily send another 1 out this week and hopefully gets to u. As I'm always happy to resolve problems without any attitude.

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago

• darthmoose74
    5 hours ago
    The package was a small one the size of a compact disk with the wrong name and address. You sent the wrong one again.

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    That's was what was attached to the box

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    That's why it's just over 1 kilo on receipt

• darthmoose74
    5 hours ago
    Then why was it empty????? There was no box with it. And no tape that indicated it was on anything else.

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    What the box that the small on was attached to

• darthmoose74
    5 hours ago

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    Yes where is the box that that was all attached to?

• Matthew james
    5 hours ago
    So the box isn't with it then? So the box has been lost? So shall I resend one or not

• darthmoose74
    5 hours ago
    What kind of scam are you running here? Trying to wait till the etsy page for the item disapears? I have delt with scammers before. I dont thinkyou want this etsy conversation posted on every UK prop board

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Ok no probs I did try and resolve though but no helping you really and what's a prop group

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Oh I see now... you trying to slander me.... OK please do so and also add I tried to resolve and also slander is a crime.... good day.... as I say I would of sent another or refunded but no probs.... please add that to post as well

• darthmoose74
    4 hours ago
    if i do not get a full refund including shipping in the next 6 hours I will take it up with etsy and have a black mark put on your account. End of story.

• darthmoose74
    4 hours ago
    And make sure you send it to the right paypal address

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    If I process refund now then it takes 48 hours with etsy, I don't have control over there system... let me know what you want me todo

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    I have to do it through etsys system

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Or if you going to slander me the why should I refund or are you saying you arnt going to if I refund you

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Let me add as well.... a scammed keeps the money and doesn't even have the item but I'm offering to send another or a refund..... think your being a little extreme arnt you and I'm sure people will see that when I've offered a refund or another item :/

• darthmoose74
    4 hours ago
    What slander? Our paypal is britishfest2014@yahoo.com

We have used etsy before. Send us the refund now.

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    I don't have paypal and stop ordering me about...... I use the etsy payment account..... it takes 48 hours.... shall I do that or not or shall I just let you slate us..... I need to know before I send refund???

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Right this is how it stands.... I can get my friend to send £110 paypal now that's minus the postage as I've spoke to etsy and I can refund less postage..... but.... I will put a claim in with royal mail and it was missing when it got to you so when I get the claim back I will then send you the other 30 gbp.... OK? Then hope we can put this behind us and sort properly in a friendly manner

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Let me know and my friend can send tonight

• darthmoose74
    4 hours ago
    There is proof of no post for that amount to our address. Dont play games. You never sent anything. Full refund.

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Sorry that's how it stands as above

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Yes or no... need to know or will do it through etsy and takes longer

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Let.me know if you got that 30 that was just sent and will send rest later

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Pic

• darthmoose74
    4 hours ago
    Done playing games.

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    I don't no Wat games u on bout I'm not the sporty type. Can u let me no if u got the 30 in paypal that my friend sent. If so I'll get him to send rest. I'm not playing games I'm asking simple questions and trying to refund u. So if u don't answer my questions I'm done and won't bother replying any more.

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago
    Take it u don't want refund then. Don't say I didn't offer

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago

• Matthew james
    4 hours ago

• darthmoose74
    3 hours ago
    FULL REFUND ONLY!!!! DONT PLAY GAMES!!!

• Matthew james
    3 hours ago
    And yet again you have still not answered me.... answer my last question and I will send the rest!!!!!

• darthmoose74
    3 hours ago

• darthmoose74
    3 hours ago

• darthmoose74
    3 hours ago
    As you refuse to send full payment back to Britishfest2014@yahoo.com it proves this is a scam to Etsy. So now you can deal with them.

• Matthew james
    3 hours ago
    I'm offering to send u other 110 but still waiting on if u received other 30 all I need to no is if u received 30 okay then I can send 110 over.

• Matthew james
    3 hours ago
    I can't understand y u being so pedantic bout it. All I wanna no is if u received 30 ok before I send anymore

• darthmoose74
    3 hours ago
    Not taking any partial payment so you can say that I aceppted it as a full payment. I know that scam as well. You have the PayPal address, when I receive FULL rembursment I will let you know.
    So send the whole amount or deal with etsy. Your choice.

• darthmoose74
    3 hours ago
    110 is not full payment by a long shot.

• Matthew james
    3 hours ago
    close case and i will send or will just let it flow... you also need to deline the payment.... last message on here as i can only repsond by case now

• Matthew james
    3 hours ago
    110 plus the 30 i sent.............jeez man..... did you ever do maths??

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    Like I said, it is a scam, you never sent the item, therfore you owe me the shipping as well. You are not going to profit on this fake shipping
    I do math for a living, don't screw with me.

Item total:
    $169.88 usd
    Shipping:
    $46.25 usd
    Sales tax:
    $0.00 usd

Order total:
    $216.13

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    I never told you to send 30 anywhere sorry.

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    When I see$216.13 I will drop the case. You do know Etsy can read all this by the way.

• Matthew james
    2 hours ago
    if its a so called scam then i really shoudlnt sent andything should i???

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    Etsy can see this I said. Don't you get it? Do the right thing and be done with it.

• Matthew james
    2 hours ago
    not when im being hurled abuse at and threatened by you saying you going to post on uk prop places as well as constantly calling me names... it was YOUR choice to open case...... YOUR choice to call me a scammer..... i am no scammer if i offered a full refund to you!! scammers dont work like that.... i made every effort to refund you and you chose to open the case so let it resolve that way or close the case and i will refund the other £110 by paypal

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    You owe us shipping as well, I will not accept without the shipping. You have strung us along for months promising pictures of the build and the box being shipped. Never recieve anything. You treat us as if we are know nothing infants. We have seen the shipping profiteering before, sure when we had enough of the game wi h a fake postage for the second time you say you can give some money back and still profit on the shipping. We know that game, so does Esty. You can say whatever you want, the facts still stand and that is what etsy will look at.

Do the right thing and pay the full amount and I will drop the case and not give any feedback on your page. End of story, don't try to play the take it personally game, it don't work.

Send the full amount and you will never hear from me again.

• Matthew james
    2 hours ago
    its already been refunded thro etsy as thats only way i could do it. u need to go on paypal and decline the £30 my friend sent u earlyier.

• Matthew james
    2 hours ago

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    $216.13 minius 30 then,what is so hard?

• Matthew james
    2 hours ago
    I've jus sent u full refund thro etsy

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    When you say full, how much is that as there is no number in the image.

• Matthew james
    2 hours ago
    Full including postage

• darthmoose74
    2 hours ago
    Which is?

• Matthew james
    1 hour ago
    139.95 gbp (

110.00gbp for item

29.95 for shipping (which i sent paypal as well)

fully refunded

• darthmoose74
    1 hour ago
    So not full then. Got ya.

• Matthew james
    1 hour ago
    it says full ... 213.11 dollars

• darthmoose74
    1 hour ago
    216.13 is the total bud

• Matthew james
    1 hour ago
    exchange rate and etsy transfer fee dude

• Matthew james
    1 hour ago
    tell you what, keep the 44 dollars paypal, early xmas present :)

• darthmoose74
    1 hour ago
    Transfer fee if there is one is not my problem, you sent nothing. Not a dam thing, not once, but twice.

• darthmoose74
    1 hour ago
    Now you are saying you sent 44, get your story straight.

• Matthew james
    1 hour ago
    etsy wont let me refund more than what you paid..... thats why i said keep the 30 i sent paypal...... just trying to resolve it dude

• Matthew james
    59 minutes ago
    30 pounds is 44 dollars i sent on paypal... good god man... and to think me and 15 friends are attending ohama on 11th of july :/

• darthmoose74
    59 minutes ago
    I guess I will have to leave negative feedback then in the morning.

• Matthew james
    56 minutes ago
    ok, i guess i will have to get a fare few people to leave some really bad feedback about britishfest in all the who groups and my friend says you have some nice pics... hes friends with you :)

• Matthew james
    55 minutes ago
    nice pic :)

• darthmoose74
    55 minutes ago
    Like we would want you in Omaha after your crappy service. We got enough real Brits coming. You don't deserve to have Johnny Five as your avitar. He don't lie.

• darthmoose74
    54 minutes ago
    Ha now you are threating, you are real dumb.

• Matthew james
    54 minutes ago
    no but hes one i made...... well im there with a fare few friends from nebraska... .let this end now dude..... ofr both our sakes.... you can keep the £30 paypal as well...... whic is about 44 dollars

• Matthew james
    52 minutes ago
    me dumb............ lol...... nah..... if your calling dr who dumb then yea suppose so as i worked with bbc and such in prop department...... :)

• Matthew james
    52 minutes ago
    and i dont make threats.... i make promises ;)

• Matthew james
    50 minutes ago
    is this you trying to bring the tardis upto seige mode :)

• Matthew james
    48 minutes ago
    i see my friend Kevin arnold is there as well, great guy and awesome musician

• darthmoose74
    29 minutes ago
    Well all this is being reported to etsy as well. Say goodbye to your account.

• Matthew james
    26 minutes ago
    ok, i will have to just transfer these to the wifes account.... good day... have just spoke to etsy anyway on the telephone and if a review is left they will remove and have flagged your account, ive also reported you to the police as well for taking my money and have sent all proofs of here and paypal... good day and see you in july

• darthmoose74
    23 minutes ago
    Empty lies my friend. Yoiu forget we met on Facebook. I am collecting all your info as we speak.

• Matthew james
    22 minutes ago
    lol

• darthmoose74
    20 minutes ago
    even though it is a forged account, probably one of many.

• Matthew james
    20 minutes ago
    go for it...... bit of a sad life you must have :/... anyway... goodbye and thanks for taking all the refund and more......

• Matthew james
    19 minutes ago
    forged account... is that with pictures and status's about my son passing away last month and pics of my family and stuff.... mmmmmmmm.... maybe not

• Matthew james
    17 minutes ago
    anyway im sat here now and the police have just arrived to see what you are replying and are now getting involved and may i add that they have told me to add in writing...

A police officer is present at this time noting and taking all details of this thread

They have told me to longer contact you and will take relevant action regarding you taking all my information as it is invasion of privacy

Regards

• darthmoose74
    10 minutes ago
    Sure they did. Glad to not hear from you ever again. Don;t EVER contact me again or threaten me. I do not scare as easy as you do.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back