Favorite Movie Handgun

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Other then the Blade Runner blaster, Robcop Auto 9 anything goes.Anyone ? P.S. Feel free to post pics of your favorites

Last edited:
Sci-fi or conventional...?

I always liked the Korben Dallas gun.

Conventional. I'd like to see something other then the SF type pistols. Not that i don't love them but you never see the really nice one like the 1911s the were in the first Punisher movie

Conventional. I'd like to see something other then the SF type pistols. Not that i don't love them but you never see the really nice one like the 1911s the were in the first Punisher movie

OK... Not to bug, but historical or contemporary?

Kilmer's pistols in Tombstone are nice, as are Costner's in Silverado. The pistol from 3:10 To Uma is sweet too!

Robocop's Auto 9

The Shadow's MOP handled .45s

One that I've always wanted to see is the .45 Lugar that Gordon Gekko shows off in Wall Street. I thought all of them were 9mm.

I have two favorites. One is The Lawgiver from Judge Dred and the other is the Golden Gun from The Man with the Golden Gun. I like how the villain just casually puts it together while he's talking and then shoots his victim and takes it back apart.

They are hanging on a wall in Deadwood, at Costner's Bar/Restaurant.

Primary - if not SOLE - reason I want to make a family road trip to SD. We'll meet, have a brew, and I'll subject you to the hellions that are my children (they're worse than Munson!)...! ;)

The first gun I fell in love with was the Beretta 92 in the Lethal Weapon movies. It was the first time I had to have a particular gun because I saw it in a movie.

More recently, the SVI Tiki in the Miami Vice movie.

TV, not movie, but the comped 1911 used by Don Johnson in Nash Bridges as well...

One that I've always wanted to see is the .45 Lugar that Gordon Gekko shows off in Wall Street. I thought all of them were 9mm.

The .45 acp Lugers were made for the U.S. government tests to find a .45 acp pistol. Savage also made a few .45s. Earlier this year I saw some photos on the internet of a .45 acp Luger carbine! Everyone thought that, that was just a myth. If the .45 Luger pistol is worth that much, than think how much the carbine must be worth.

I was alway partial to the U.N.C.L.E. Special, both pistol and carbine. The M34 Mauser version looked pretty good too.

David.

Speaking of Lugers, here's the example my grandfather brought back from the war:

grandpas_luger.jpg

All original 1941, including the finish. All matching #s, and the holster, extra clip, and tool. The backdrop is a flag he liberated, signed by all the guys in his unit. The upside-down sig, just below the gun, reading "Don E Bott" is my maternal grandfather.

I've always been bummed that there was never a Luger based Star Wars prop, but it got plenty of love of plenty of other movies.

The first gun I fell in love with was the Beretta 92 in the Lethal Weapon movies. It was the first time I had to have a particular gun because I saw it in a movie.

Heeeey. Me too! I was about 15 at the time and back then, there were no replicas to be had (outside of maybe Japan as far as I know). I even sent a letter (hand written, kids!) to the CEO of Beretta praising the gun and asking about replicas. Got a brochure and a reply from the man himself.... you could tell it wasn't any kind of standard reply letter. That was so cool of him, to answer a kids pestering questions like that.

As for favorite gun.... well I guess i have to say Mal's gun from Firefly (or Serenity) since I have five of them, with Hellboy's Samaritan coming in second! Followed by Jubel Early's gun and Jayne's "Boo" (also Firefly, just love the design of those two) with Deckards PKD and Han Solos blaster(either ANH or ESB).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back