favor from anyone in japan star wars exhibit

boatbuilder1

I need a favor from anyone willing to take tons of pictures that will be in japan for the star wars exhibit
specifically the large and small millenium falcon and the x and y wings but mainly the falcon's

I will pay for fill and shipping plus a nice incentive

please contact me for info

canderon55@wi.rr.com

thanks ca

The policy of the museum is not to allow photography. If you look at the posts on http://www2.ezbbs.net/36/starwars_model/ (you'll have to use a translation service like http://babelfish.altavista.com/ if you don't speak Japanese), you'll see that people are managing to get photographs, but they're having to hide their cameras in their coats and so on. At the moment, the only X-wing model on display is the large one. I'm not sure about the Falcons or the Y-wing.

There are two x-wing displays, to my recollection--I remember a small one, and there was certainly a big one--though I could be confusing the small one with another model in my memory. I was there last weekend. The big Falcon and one smaller Falcon are there.

Miniaturizer Ray is correct in that Kyoto National Museum does not allow pictures. I sneaked a photo or two for a board member when I went, and I may be able to do so if I go again, which I may in the coming week. No guarantees, of course.

The big Falcon is a real challenge to photo since it's the big display (after the Star Destroyer) right at the entrance, swarming with staff members. I consider it a challenge.
icon_smile.gif

I sent an email to the email address posted, but it was returned undeliverable.

gokarosama, what can you remember of the smaller X-wing?

I have a good friend in Japan who is building a studio scale X-wing and he was looking forward to seeing the Red 2 miniature at the exhibition. It's impossible that he would have missed it, but perhaps it has been added since his visit?

Boatbuilder1,

I tried e-mailing you at the address above but it Bounced. I have pics from the Brookly MoM of the 5 foot falcon as well as others if you're interested, email me.

Jedi Dade

Ray,
I remember precious little, to be honest. It wasn't one of the exhibits I spent a lot of time looking at. There was a little human figure and an R2 unit (a blue one, like Deetoo)I remember that. Sorry. As I said, I may go back, and if I do, I'll look closer...

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Jedi Dade wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Boatbuilder1,

I tried e-mailing you at the address above but it Bounced. I have pics from the Brookly MoM of the 5 foot falcon as well as others if you're interested, email me.

Jedi Dade
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>
Iwould love to see them email me at canderson55@wi.rr.com

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back