Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Hello and thank you for this sharing! You apologize, but for me there is no reason to be! One question, it's possible to erase also texts in black (thus just keep the frame)? I'm French and I would like I could redo cards in my language? Thank you in advance!

Actually I am a wizard. DMn proud of it too. Hahaha.

Have you tried different foils from various companies, paper plays a huge role as well also a good laminator machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, unfortunately I don't get much time to work on props. Luckily there are dedicated professionals like you that are kind enough to share your hard work and knowledge:)

Again, the wand permit looks fantastic, might set some time aside to make my own one of these days.

To me here is something odd. The first picture from the Case of Beasts says it is Tina's card, but if you look by the left hand, you see the bottom panel is for Tina's Picture, and on the second picture you see three different cards and as we have seen as in the picture Tina's picture is at the top. Also, I notice some small holes on the edge of the inside of the METAL case, which I am thinking it might be made of resin, and the holes are from bubbles.

Well, considering what materials Pierre Bohanna and his team used on HP props I don't think they would have done an ID card with a real metal case. It could have been a chrome plated resin though. They did that a lot on HP props.

Also, just saying. These ARE NOT bubbles. This is a ruler haha!

Is it worth getting?

It was $10 for me here in Canada at Costco, so I figured why not,

It has a great gilded looking cover, smaller versions of the maps that come in the beast case,

a mini Shaw poster, character cards for Graves, Jacob, Tina, and Queenie, 4 playing cards, of a smaller size than normal poker, mini salem posters, postcard size magazine covers for american charmer and the witch's friend.

Pullout single sided, Transfiguration Today issue.

Large size Ministration spinnable chart (mini pic was in the beast case.)

For what's in it, I think it's worth the $10, it's basically like the Movie Magic HP book we got way back that had the yule ball ticket etc.

Most things are covered in the beast case and movie magic, but not everything.

Ok, I just made a quick video to show whats inside both the movie magic book and the Newt Scrapbook I'll post the link later today so you can see for yourselves.

thanks again everyone :)

@Joma, haha yeah i was sure that you are a Slytherin.. i understand bcoz im clever, im Ravenclaw :cool #ravenclawpride :D
@AZSneed and @Monkey540, im so sorry that you have been to similar situations. unfortunately kindness is not so popular in this era.

@TB-7021, wow! how amazing is your work as always. after i saw minalima wand permit, i thought this once again bcoz they are almost same! great job, thanks for sharing :thumbsup

Thank you for all you wonderful work lynx, and a big thanks to all the other great contributors.

I saw the Fantastic Beasts books in store yesterday, except for the Case of Beasts which they didn't have, but I've already ordered it online (am impatiently waiting for it to come!). Here are my thoughts on the other books:

The screenplay cover is really pretty! the title is gold foil, it reminds of the movie prop a bit.

Inside the Magic: The making of Fantastic Beasts- I bought this book, it's the same one Melianwing posted scans of, so now I don't need to! There aren't any paper props in this book, but it has plenty of good pictures, and discusses the making of the movie.

Art of the Film- I didn't end up buying this, but I did spend a while flicking through. About half the book is the beasts, the other half is other characters and places. If you're after concept art of the beasts I would recommend this.

Newt Scamander: a Movie Scrapbook- I wouldn't bother with this book. It's a small book mostly covering stuff seen in other books. About the only thing of interest that wasn't in any other book was the four playing cards that were included, which I took photos of that you can see below (plus one of the MACUSA ID cover). there where also two maps included, but they seem to be the same ones included in Case of Beasts.

Movie Magic- This covers both Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts. The Harry Potter section is actually thicker than the Fantastic Beasts one, and there didn't seen to be anything that's not covered in other books. It does have some paper props though.

Just quoting myself...

Edit: the newt Scamander scrapbook has a different cover here in Australia (and I think in Europe). It's not as pretty :(

Last edited:
Anyone have a close, head-on scan of the food packaging, especially the pumpkin juice? I wanted to try to clean it up and post.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have the curved one (mounted on a bottle) from the case of beasts and someone posted the unmounted version from the MinaLima exhibition but it wasn't straight on. I could try to make it work but I thought i would see if someone had a better starting-off point first.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have the curved one (mounted on a bottle) from the case of beasts and someone posted the unmounted version from the MinaLima exhibition but it wasn't straight on. I could try to make it work but I thought i would see if someone had a better starting-off point first.

Here's a straightened out version of the previously posted image, if that helps:
PumpkinJuice.png

PumpkinJuice.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back