Fancy Dress Steampunk Revolver

Badsprout

These have been around for a while in the US; but have only recently appeared in the UK. They're quite small; but really come to life when given a decent paintjob. Steam-powered holdout pistol anyone?

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 173
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 224
Okay, that is the first mainstream massproduced steampunk role play item that I have seen. But that may be because I am living under a rock most of the time ...

Okay, that is the first mainstream massproduced steampunk role play item that I have seen. But that may be because I am living under a rock most of the time ...

I've considered creating a small line of steampunk accessories, but it seems counter to the genre's DIY and up-cycling aesthetic. It almost seems to me that mass producing steampunk products is not steampunk, since steampunk gear and such is very individualized.

Anyone have other thoughts on that?

I've considered creating a small line of steampunk accessories, but it seems counter to the genre's DIY and up-cycling aesthetic. It almost seems to me that mass producing steampunk products is not steampunk, since steampunk gear and such is very individualized.

I totally forgot that WETA had that crazycool line of steampunk weapons.

I think Steampunk's getting a lot more mainstream, otherwise a commercial fancy dress company would not take the risk of producing a Steampunk range.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back