Fancy Dress Steampunk Revolver

Badsprout

These have been around for a while in the US; but have only recently appeared in the UK. They're quite small; but really come to life when given a decent paintjob. Steam-powered holdout pistol anyone?

Hope you like it.

Attachments

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, that is the first mainstream massproduced steampunk role play item that I have seen. But that may be because I am living under a rock most of the time ...

nickjm007

Okay, that is the first mainstream massproduced steampunk role play item that I have seen. But that may be because I am living under a rock most of the time ...
I've considered creating a small line of steampunk accessories, but it seems counter to the genre's DIY and up-cycling aesthetic. It almost seems to me that mass producing steampunk products is not steampunk, since steampunk gear and such is very individualized.

Anyone have other thoughts on that?

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've considered creating a small line of steampunk accessories, but it seems counter to the genre's DIY and up-cycling aesthetic. It almost seems to me that mass producing steampunk products is not steampunk, since steampunk gear and such is very individualized.

I totally forgot that WETA had that crazycool line of steampunk weapons.

Badsprout

I think Steampunk's getting a lot more mainstream, otherwise a commercial fancy dress company would not take the risk of producing a Steampunk range.