Fallout ultimate edition

I'm waiting to see what's going on with Fallout Online. Bethesda and Interplay just finally got that sorted out but Bethesda has to okay everything they do with it.

I've also heard that when they make the net one they're going to be using the same platform that bethesda uses for skyrum:lol

Hah, that would make sense, that seems to be the trend with Bethesda these days.

I'm waiting to see what's going on with Fallout Online. Bethesda and Interplay just finally got that sorted out but Bethesda has to okay everything they do with it.

I remember seeing a few screenshots, and it looks promising. Hopefully it's more interesting than the Elder Scrolls MMO. That just looks so... generic.

Maybe it's just me but Bethesda's Fallout games lack the charm and humor that the original 2 had along with the little nods to pop culture. I mean they're good but they'll never be as good as the turn based Fallouts. I just played Oblivion and I swear that half the caves and such look like they were just resurfaced and throw into F3 in spots.

Maybe it's just me but Bethesda's Fallout games lack the charm and humor that the original 2 had along with the little nods to pop culture. I mean they're good but they'll never be as good as the turn based Fallouts. I just played Oblivion and I swear that half the caves and such look like they were just resurfaced and throw into F3 in spots.

A lot of people wax poetic about the first two, but I don't see the appeal. They weren't great games - maybe the story was good, but the gameplay was just awful - I just don't get the appeal.

Having said that, I saw TONS of pop-culture references in both F3 and FNV.

My view is a little different because I played the first two after I played Fallout 3. I didn't like RPGs at the time so I never bought them. Anyway while I liked the first two, I think the last two are way more immersive with the first person perspective. Lack of humor? You don't recognize the brilliance of the Republic of Dave? :lol

I found NV to have more of the weird humour compaired to FO3. Characters, dialoge and scenarious are more weird (in a good way). Many of the people behind NV are the same as did the the originals, and from the little I played Fallout 1, I found it ties into the same factions.

The humor in NV really shines if you have the Wild Wasteland trait. I chose that on my second playthrough. The first thing I came across was a refrigerator just outside of Goodsprings. In it was a skeleton with a whip, a fedora, and a tattered leather jacket. Later on I found a pair of charred skeletons named Owen and Beru.

That's the one thing I don't like about the Bethesda stuff, especially NV is you have to take a trait to see the stuff. In the old games it was a freebie.

I eventually found a mod that gave it for free. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to play with it since Wild Wasteland does diminish some of the immersion. But the events only pop up once every so often that it really doesn't change the experience overall. Just a good chuckle and off you go again.

There are far fewer than in the originals but they happen more often, in the originals you'd have to spend hours roaming to come across them. My fav in the 2nd one is the time travel portal for Star Trek that causes the events of the original game.

That's the one thing I don't like about the Bethesda stuff, especially NV is you have to take a trait to see the stuff. In the old games it was a freebie.

No biggie, but NV is made by Obsidian. Bethesda had their hands full with Skyrim.

No biggie, but NV is made by Obsidian. Bethesda had their hands full with Skyrim.

Yeah, and most of the Obsidian team that did NV was laid off after the last DLC went out. My friend was one of the producers on the game (and one of those unfortunate souls). We played a few rounds of Caravan a year or so before the game came out since his team created it. I liked that it provided more chances to "interact" with the world, but in the end it was pretty pointless for me. I played about 5 games in total in-game. There were many easier ways to get caps.

Shame for your friend. They did a great job on NV, one of my top 5 games.

I only know whats written online, but thought the people had to quit due to a future project being cancelled. Its a shame. Obsidian is a fav of mine when it comes to interesting characters and great dialoge and Im wishing them all the best.

The way I heard it was they were shown the door when Obsidian cancelled several projects. From what it sounded like, Obsidian had been betting everything on getting a contract and when that failed to happen they chopped all projects involving new IPs.

Fallout 3 was amazing. Did every quest. In the end i was invincible. Also bought ultimate edition vegas. Haven't got around to it yet. Finish skyrim first :)

I can't remember how many hours I spent playing Fallout 3 it is a super game and a one where hours just fly past :D

Amanda

I can't remember how many hours I spent playing Fallout 3 it is a super game and a one where hours just fly past :D

Amanda

I defently know what you mean I've spent hours playing just about any fallout game bc of how much fun it was and I've not been able to find many games like that for me

I put many hundreds of hours into FalloutNV, though never played 3.

Props to build? Nukacola caps and bottles. Sunset Sasparilla too of course. The Laser Rifle, power armour, maybe make a miniature of one of the armed robot police force.

Vault dweller suit is easy. I made a 'vault dweller' shirt for a costume party using an old bowling shirt in light blue with dark blue piping on the collar. Pulled all the logos off and used a spraypaint stencil for the vault number. Not amazing work, but it was functional and last minute.

I put many hundreds of hours into FalloutNV, though never played 3.

Props to build? Nukacola caps and bottles. Sunset Sasparilla too of course. The Laser Rifle, power armour, maybe make a miniature of one of the armed robot police force.

Vault dweller suit is easy. I made a 'vault dweller' shirt for a costume party using an old bowling shirt in light blue with dark blue piping on the collar. Pulled all the logos off and used a spraypaint stencil for the vault number. Not amazing work, but it was functional and last minute.

I totally am thinking about doing some of this stuff, and do you have like any pictures of what you've made?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back