Fallout ultimate edition

coopergirl94

Persaded my boyfriend into become a fallout follower, got the ultimate edition, has all the dlc, which is not recomended unless you have really good wepons, alot of ammo, and are at a high level....
it's pretty fun, level cap is at 50 now with all the dlc, origainal was 30... (y)thumbsup:thumbsup
soon going to be making some props from the game, anything someone would recomend for a first time build, for someone with light skills but still slightly challenging

Re: Fallout ultiment edition

New Vegas. They did this with F3 as the Game of the year edition. I'd like this but since i already own the DLC i just need the 20.00 copy of NV from walmart.

I loved Fallout 3, and was super excited for New Vegas. I only ended up getting about 10 hours into it. The bugs/glitches drove me crazy, and made the game practically unplayable for me. I got so sick of the game freezing up and getting stuck in walls that I just gave up on it. I didn't pay attention to the patch releases, so I'm not sure if it's gotten any better. I'd love to get back into it again though.

it hasnt really glitched for me yet, its playing rather smoothly, i have it for ps3 and my boy has it for 360 so, and the dlc is pretty sweet, its the first time ive gotten to play any of it

One of the trickier parts in doing the DLC is knowing which order you want to play them in. You can almost shape how the story starts and where it ends. Do you start out by finding clues that lead up to the ultimate reveal, or do you start with the reveal and slowly discover what drove these characters to do what they did?

I've played New Vegas for more hours than I care to count and the bugs/glitches have been minimal - nothing that would make me want to say "Enough!"

Overall, I think Fallout 3 was better, but New Vegas had a pretty sweet feel to it. For me, the New Vegas crap-to-awesome ratio for the DLCs was much higher. Some of them were just plain awful while others were totally kick-ass (the final one was pretty awesome).

My only beef is that, playing the final Vegas DLC you come across all this cool weapon tech... Then you barely have a chance to use it.

Bethesda is really good at putting out a glitchy game and fixing it later which is why i got the GOTY edition of F3. NV was really glitchy for me. I want to know why NV wasn't that good considering some of the folks making it did fallout 2. I honestly think bethesda had them on a short leash with what they could do. Then again Bethesda's actually tearing apart and expanding the script/storyline for F3 that they got when they bought it from Interplay.

I loved Fallout 3, and was super excited for New Vegas. I only ended up getting about 10 hours into it. The bugs/glitches drove me crazy, and made the game practically unplayable for me. I got so sick of the game freezing up and getting stuck in walls that I just gave up on it. I didn't pay attention to the patch releases, so I'm not sure if it's gotten any better. I'd love to get back into it again though.

I had this problem on the PS3 version. I bought it for the PC off of steam back in December when it was 5 bucks. I modded it to the strip and back and it played okay. The occasional crash, but it was a far, far better experience than what I encountered on the console.

Just search for Fallout and you should find a lot of stuff. The main thing you'll find would be the AER laser rifle though. There's a lot of easy stuff you can do like Nuka Cola/Quantum, Mentats containers, Stimpacks, etc.

I was getting ready to replay Fallout 3 again. I always play Operation Anchorage first to get the T51B armor. Some people don't do that because they think it makes the game too easy. I like to feel like a tank though. Nothing is worse than a random encounter with a Deathclaw at an early level with weak armor.

Just search for Fallout and you should find a lot of stuff. The main thing you'll find would be the AER laser rifle though. There's a lot of easy stuff you can do like Nuka Cola/Quantum, Mentats containers, Stimpacks, etc.

I was getting ready to replay Fallout 3 again. I always play Operation Anchorage first to get the T51B armor. Some people don't do that because they think it makes the game too easy. I like to feel like a tank though. Nothing is worse than a random encounter with a Deathclaw at an early level with weak armor.

Getting the T51 was always the best part of the original game too. Even if a deathclaw in the original could open it like can opener at times :lol

One of the trickier parts in doing the DLC is knowing which order you want to play them in. You can almost shape how the story starts and where it ends. Do you start out by finding clues that lead up to the ultimate reveal, or do you start with the reveal and slowly discover what drove these characters to do what they did?

They give you the quest and tell you pretty much to go out and discove what's going on with it, I wouldn't recomend goin and doing the big mt dlc in the begginig its a terrible idea without good wepons a lot of aid and such

Meh, I decided to reinstall New Vegas and give it another shot, quickly became bored with it. Reinstalled Fallout 2, ended up playing for 6 straight hours. The first two Fallouts were an absolute blast, such amazing games. I think they've aged pretty well too. Had just as much fun as I did playing them for the first time back in 8th grade.

I played F3 like crazy, but I prefer NW. I have the xbox and no major issues with bugs.

The mood and dialoge is great. And IMO its one of few games that allows you to play an evil character and it still feels believable. Want to be a good Dr character, go ahead. Want to be a drug dealing lowlife just trying to get by, go ahead. You could be a slaver in F3, but the people around you didnt care what you did. Leave town a few day, and everything was ok. In NW your enemies will look for you if you decided to go against them. In one game I went gangster war and went for The Elvis guy in Freeside. After that I had his companions attacking me on sight all through the rest of the game.

Very nice storytelling, and the faction based system is great.

I played F3 like crazy, but I prefer NW. I have the xbox and no major issues with bugs.

The mood and dialoge is great. And IMO its one of few games that allows you to play an evil character and it still feels believable. Want to be a good Dr character, go ahead. Want to be a drug dealing lowlife just trying to get by, go ahead. You could be a slaver in F3, but the people around you didnt care what you did. Leave town a few day, and everything was ok. In NW your enemies will look for you if you decided to go against them. In one game I went gangster war and went for The Elvis guy in Freeside. After that I had his companions attacking me on sight all through the rest of the game.

Very nice storytelling, and the faction based system is great.

Yeah I like that it does that in this game more than the 3rd, it made it slightly a challenge, but I felt that fo3 was more of a challenge being a place that was directly hit by the atomic bombs unlike nv, and it was harder to get to and from places, where in nv, its a vast desert setting

I liked the faction concept in NV. That was by far a step above the karma system from FO3. Although, you'd think that the Legion would learn that death squads are completely ineffective past a certain point. Or maybe start sending two or three squads at a time.

Unfortunately, I thought that the weapon/damage mechanics in NV suffered greatly in comparison to FO3. It wasn't till I found out there was a bug in how the game calculates damage resistance. I could single round headshot super muties in FO3 with a hunting rifle (ah that was satisfying). No such luck in the Mojave. I also felt that VATS got nerfed.

I liked the environment of Fallout 3 over NV. New Vegas was supposed to have survived without being attacked, but I just think Fallout 3 has more of a post apocalyptic feel. There were quite a few locations in NV that just had a building you couldn't enter or just nothing to do other than mark a spot on the map. I don't remember many of those in Fallout 3. The weapons and crafting (other than weapons) are better in NV though.

Also a lot of the things in Fallout 3 that helped fill out the environment were the computer entries and notes that told about things that happened near the end. NV didn't have many of those other than the entries at Black Mountain or the Survivalist's entries in Honest Hearts.

I liked the environment of Fallout 3 over NV. New Vegas was supposed to have survived without being attacked, but I just think Fallout 3 has more of a post apocalyptic feel. There were quite a few locations in NV that just had a building you couldn't enter or just nothing to do other than mark a spot on the map. I don't remember many of those in Fallout 3. The weapons and crafting (other than weapons) are better in NV though.

Also a lot of the things in Fallout 3 that helped fill out the environment were the computer entries and notes that told about things that happened near the end. NV didn't have many of those other than the entries at Black Mountain or the Survivalist's entries in Honest Hearts.

The journals and such make you feel like the world is more realistic in that people probably would keep journals if for no other reason than to pass the time. It would also have been nice to find a vault like vault 8 in Fallout 2 that wasn't a ruin. Personally I think areas you were in during Fallout 1 and 2 should have been able to be visited. Maybe in Fallout 4 as Bethesda has a lot more of the original Fallout 3 script to modify still.

I agree that was a cool part in Fallout 2 that you see a Vault that actually worked as intended. I'm hoping since the last two were so successful that the next version is already being made and just hasn't been announced yet. A lot of rumors, which may be nothing, are that it might be in MA and have something to do with the Commonwealth that is talked about.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back