Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

Costume looks great but I'd be carefull pulling that gun out around people Lol, it looks real from a distance and you don't want P.D. rolling up and putting additional holes in your costume.

All i did to carve out shoulder pads was to use some use some foam from cushions and using a new/sharp 'breakable' long blade, cut away until I formed the right shape. The sharper the better I've found. Think of pauldrons [shoulders] from a knights armour or a stormtrooper's shoulder armour. I'd show you a pic but it's at my mates house and my shoulders are embedded between two layers of lycra. As it's hidden under your duster, it wouldn't have to be perfect anyhow. You could even copy or use shoulder padding that you can get from sewing supply stores. I'd aim for close to an inch all round. It tends to add a lot to the frame, being more imposing and all. Since you're an absolute whiz in the foam you've used, why not extend the armour to the shoulders, you've got the skills bud.
Some FX Stormtrooper shoulders might not be a bad idea too.

Last edited:
Hey man, I know you probably explained it. How did make the mask. I have seen the pictures and I know you used the pepcurka program. From that printed it out and cut out on the styrene. What kind of styrene thickness did you us? I have .020 How did you form it, I notice you got a heat gun from harbor fright I have one too, but when I apply heat to it that just screws it up. Did you like copy the tabs on to the styrene? How did you fold it and how did you glue it. I know with the card stock you used a hot glue gun. Im using contact cement on the styrene. I know the last step is to fiberglass and I know how to do that I have done papercraft before.

If you could get back to me that be awesome I have replicated most of your work so far I got my coat and I just finished the vest I just need to build the mask and the con is in 2 weeks so yea.

Hey man, I know you probably explained it. How did make the mask. I have seen the pictures and I know you used the pepcurka program. From that printed it out and cut out on the styrene. What kind of styrene thickness did you us? I have .020 How did you form it, I notice you got a heat gun from harbor fright I have one too, but when I apply heat to it that just screws it up. Did you like copy the tabs on to the styrene? How did you fold it and how did you glue it. I know with the card stock you used a hot glue gun. Im using contact cement on the styrene. I know the last step is to fiberglass and I know how to do that I have done papercraft before.

If you could get back to me that be awesome I have replicated most of your work so far I got my coat and I just finished the vest I just need to build the mask and the con is in 2 weeks so yea.

You might want to head over to the 405TH Halo Costuming forums.
405th Infantry Division

Start digging into the posts, use the search function to find the posts on Fallout. You will find a ton of information on how to use pepcurka.

Al

You might want to head over to the 405TH Halo Costuming forums.
405th Infantry Division

Start digging into the posts, use the search function to find the posts on Fallout. You will find a ton of information on how to use pepcurka.

Al
Thanks Man I been to that site in and I have seen the tutorual videos on how to us the pepcurka program and how to fiberglass the card-stock. I havent found that much information on styrene uses. But Ill check thanks those. In fact I have found 5 other pepcurka types of this mask and I have made one already, Im asking exactly how Mister Kommissar did it.

Got my helmet liner in yesterday, how did you clean it out? I swear mine has a layer of dirt inside of it from Europe, Korea, and Vietnam. Been soaking in hot water with soap and laundry detergent, dumps out brown water each time.

I've been dealing with plastic and heat guns a loooong time. If you're having problems with the plastic messing up, you're probably applying the heat wrong. Make sure that you apply the heat non-directly and never stay in 1 place too long, also keep the heat gun farther away from the plastic than you are now, also using a lower heat setting could help too.

This is amazing! I actually wanted to make this costume eventually, but now I might as well give up because I'll never make something this good. :lol

This is amazing! I actually wanted to make this costume eventually, but now I might as well give up because I'll never make something this good. :lol
i say go for it,
i done this costume because;
A, i wanted to, because its an awesome design
and
B, to prove it could be done
plus you wont know unless you try

Thanks Man I been to that site in and I have seen the tutorual videos on how to us the pepcurka program and how to fiberglass the card-stock. I havent found that much information on styrene uses. But Ill check thanks those. In fact I have found 5 other pepcurka types of this mask and I have made one already, Im asking exactly how Mister Kommissar did it.

i didnt use a heat gun, i cut individual pieces of each pepakura part, out of styrene, and glued them together.
styrene isnt happy with a heatgun, it warps very easy, and you should only use a heat gun if you want more organic shapes.

Kommisser How did you hook the mask to the helmet or did you to say how did you hook it to your face?
its two part.
the mask has elastic straps that fit over my head and hold it to my face.
the helmet goes ontop of my head.

i didnt use a heat gun, i cut individual pieces of each pepakura part, out of styrene, and glued them together.
styrene isnt happy with a heatgun, it warps very easy, and you should only use a heat gun if you want more organic shapes.

its two part.
the mask has elastic straps that fit over my head and hold it to my face.
the helmet goes on top of my head.
Thanks man, Ill almost done just got to finish up the mask and helmet and the con is next week. Another quick question How did you get the helmet to stay on your head? you put a strap on it,too?

Thanks man, Ill almost done just got to finish up the mask and helmet and the con is next week. Another quick question How did you get the helmet to stay on your head? you put a strap on it,too?
The fiberglass helmet liner has its own individual leather head strap inside of it.

The fiberglass helmet liner has its own individual leather head strap inside of it.
I know that But helmet did come with that it was just the liner. I had to by the suspension sceptically. I finished fiberglassing the mask and I just put on my whole camera box set up with the wonderflex. I need got know what he did because I dont know how to put a strap in and figure out how to get around my mask with the elastic on the back

I know that But helmet did come with that it was just the liner. I had to by the suspension sceptically. I finished fiberglassing the mask and I just put on my whole camera box set up with the wonderflex. I need got know what he did because I dont know how to put a strap in and figure out how to get around my mask with the elastic on the back

check my pictures, you can see the inside of the helmet on several shots, its worn leather and obviously not new, so yeah the helmet line has its own support system inside it, that i did not modify.. why mess with something that works?

Sorry my paragraph was not that coherent I was kind of tired. What I meant was how do I keep the helmet on my head. I don't have a problem with the suspension I need to know how to hold the helmet to my head while concealing the strap under the mask. Quick Question as well, what did you using as a coating on your mask after fiberglassing and sanding. I'm thinking of using a clear coat but I don't like the smell. I was thinking of plastic dipping it maybe.

Sorry my paragraph was not that coherent I was kind of tired. What I meant was how do I keep the helmet on my head. I don't have a problem with the suspension I need to know how to hold the helmet to my head while concealing the strap under the mask. Quick Question as well, what did you using as a coating on your mask after fiberglassing and sanding. I'm thinking of using a clear coat but I don't like the smell. I was thinking of plastic dipping it maybe.

im not sure why this is complicated.
i put the mask on, then i put the helmet on.
the helmet hides the vertical strap, and the horizontal ones are black so they blend in with the hood i wear.

i usually just use a spray on clear coat to preserve my paint, and a black spray on primer.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back