Fallout Legion Centurion "Desert Scout" Helmet FINISHED

BlackJackMurphy

So despite my Legion Centurion Helmet, and most of the cosplay done, I decided that builds can never be completely over or finished. With Salt Lake Comi Con going on this week, my friends and I (also some folks from the Vault Tec Project) are all going as Raiders/Legion. Since I had some spare time, I was able to work a bit more on my helmet, the t-45d shoulder that goes with the armor and additional details/scraps.

Without further ado, here's my final additions to my Legion Centurion "Desert Scout" helmet
10681719_708851532522670_1958268929_n.jpg
Knocking out two birds with one Nuka Cola, here's the symbolism behind the cloth facemask: The Desert Scout is my own non-canon addition to the Legion Family. The Desert Scout (my character at Radiation Canyon) is a small division of Legion Centurions who specialize in roaming the desert for strategic points of invasion, defending, make relations with the desert tribes (my character went to Southern Utah and worked closely with the white legs). They also are sent out for months or a year at a time, making it more likely that they would encounter sand storms, harsh weather, where a mask would protect them.
10668218_708851432522680_2075966718_n.jpg
So how I got the mask on there was cutting strips of the rough cloth lengthwise and hot glued them carefully, along with the two vertical pseudo-leather vinyl strips. From there I took two more additional vinyl strips, cut circles on ends, which I glued to the Coca Cola bottle caps (closeup coming soon). After glueing, I cut one of the straps, and added velcro to either side so I could detach it (got the idea from Luke Skywalker's Hoth helmet). Along with that, I also added two separate sets of velcro to either bottom "fan" of the helmet (jaw piece) so the cloth would sit snug against the face.
10660971_708851325856024_1289552048_n.jpg
After that, I painted for a few hours, adding the rust, battle scar marks every where, marking up all the pseudo vinyl.
10656451_708851389189351_1419463215_n.jpg
Also, if you were wondering about what kind of padding is inside, I cleaned the original hockey padding (helmet was just a bit too big on the inside), and then glued some additional foam (not sure what branding) that keeps the helmet snug. It's actually fairly comfortable now to the point where I can wear it at cons.

Well there it is. I'll post updates to the armor in the next few days. Cheers!

Yes Gunner, and it's actually complete! I just attended Salt Lake Comi Con with it, so right now is all a matter of waiting for the pictures to come in X(. With 100,000 there and everybody taking pictures eventually I'll find those of me in my armor.

Otherwise, I'll also be posting a tutorial on Centurion Armor soon here as I will be building another set!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back