fallout 3 metal power armor build

[h=2]yes the front half will be removable like this gd.jpg it will come a part across the neck opening and both arm openings and the back will have straps like a backpack. the front will simply clip on to the back half.[/h]

I decided not to make the front come off because the latch's I was going to use were to thick to go where it needed to latch so instead I just have the right side come off.IMG_0049.JPGIMG_0050.JPGit will be held on by 4 screws.

I decided not to make the front come off because the latch's I was going to use were to thick to go where it needed to latch so instead I just have the right side come off.View attachment 511833View attachment 511834it will be held on by 4 screws.

Smart thinking with the chest piece. Mine also works in the same way with two armpit-plates that are secured with plastic clips.

Do you think you'll paint it? Or will you leave the metal finish and just add weathering? Either way it's looking good so far mate.

You wouldn't need a latch to secure that chestplate. With the metal being so light, you could use a few carefully placed neodymium magnets. Would also make it easier to pull off if you had heat issues.

I'm probably going to paint is using the powder coating method to give it a nice thick layer of paint so I can add scratches, chips and scrapes to the armor.

i made a smelting furnace a few weeks ago so i decided to cast some parts of the armor out of aluminum. I made the hinge bracket and the outer ring that holds the shoulder armor on and the small term wheel for the back of the armor.IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0488.JPGIMG_0484.JPGIMG_0444.JPGIMG_0458.JPGIMG_0479.JPGIMG_0530.JPGIMG_0531.JPGIMG_0486.JPGIMG_0482.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
I have to say I have massive respect for this project.

Will the end result even be wearable (due to weight), or is this for a standing display.

Will the end result even be wearable (due to weight), or is this for a standing display.

Should be no problem for someone who is physically fit, and used to it.
I do full contact fighting in real plate armor. Its about the same weight.

yes this armor is being made to be wearable i've been making the armor using 20 gage sheet metal to cut down on weight. so it should weigh as much as a suit of armor win it is finished.

The helmet is starting to look very nice with that weather or prime layer (I assume you used some kind of brown putty to smooth it out and sanded).

Amazing build, the level of detail is very satisfying.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back