fallout 3 metal power armor build

kingpookey

hay guys jessi hear from Gold Point Props, started working on making my metal power armor a couple of weeks ago. I'm using a combination of 20 gage an 18 gage sheet metal to make the armor. most of the armor will be made out of 20 gage sheet metal to cut down on weight. the helmet is pretty much dun, it is made out of 20 gage and it weighs 5 1/2 pounds so I estimate the full suit of armor will weigh about 50 too 60 pounds. here are some pics of the helmet
IMG_2165.JPG IMG_2168.JPG IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2172.JPG IMG_2182.JPG IMG_2191.JPG IMG_2204.JPG IMG_2206.JPG IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2212.JPG IMG_2230.JPG IMG_2228.JPG IMG_2244.JPG IMG_2241.JPG IMG_2243.JPG IMG_2238.JPG IMG_2239.JPG IMG_2237.JPG IMG_2247.JPG just need to order some gas mask hoses to finish it off.

Grimwood

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I admire your dedication! That's a lot of weight to carry around but I think if you come up with some sort good harness system, that 50-60 lbs will feel like 55lbs. :)

Seriously cool tho.

kingpookey

it shouldn't be that warm because i'm going to be wearing a Cooling Shirt and cap on under the armor that will be circulating cold water through toobs in the shirt and cap to keep me cool. the weight is my main concern. but I knew from the beginning it was going to be a bit on the heavy side, its a metal suit of power armor after all....lol:)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.