Factory Entertainment Aquaman Trident Replica

They keep bumping this back. I Wonder how Coronavirus is effecting all these replicas and items made in China currently.
It is affecting them... BIG time. At my job we deal with the factories and we are dead in the water at the moment. We cannot ship them anything and they cannot ship us anything. It sucks.

It is affecting them... BIG time. At my job we deal with the factories and we are dead in the water at the moment. We cannot ship them anything and they cannot ship us anything. It sucks.

I was contemplating ordering some things on ebay from China and may be holding off currently.

I have bad news regarding the trident. Factory Ent posted this back in early January. They're remaking the molds, so it will now ship "sometime in 2020".

Also I think stuff is starting to move in China finally. The Chinese Aquaman trident I ordered mid-January finally shipped on Saturday. Something else I ordered off ebay on February 17 has already arrived in the US earlier this week.

I have bad news regarding the trident. Factory Ent posted this back in early January. They're remaking the molds, so it will now ship "sometime in 2020".

Also I think stuff is starting to move in China finally. The Chinese Aquaman trident I ordered mid-January finally shipped on Saturday. Something else I ordered off ebay on February 17 has already arrived in the US earlier this week.

Thanks for that update!

My unlicensed Chinese trident just arrived. It's a heavy beast. This is the aluminum version. Only complaint is that the clear coat is uneven. Other than that it's beautiful. Unlike the Factory Entertainment one, the pieces aren't threaded directly together. There's a metal rod inside the shaft that is threaded. It took a little trial and error to make sure the tail end was lined up properly. This trident is four pieces instead of three. It also came with wall mounts.

For $270 I'm happy with it. Best of all, it's 10.5 inches taller than the Factory Entertainment trident.

The one in the last picture is the plastic/wood Noble Collection trident.

IMG_20200317_185730.jpgIMG_20200317_185948.jpgIMG_20200317_190009.jpgIMG_20200317_200839__01__01__01.jpgIMG_20200317_185837.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking at the trident from china as well. From your pictures, it looks brown/bronze instead of gold. Do you need camera flash to get that burning gold color?

I've been looking at the trident from china as well. From your pictures, it looks brown/bronze instead of gold. Do you need camera flash to get that burning gold color?
All of the outdoor pictures are just natural outdoor lighting. The one with the other DC props was taken with flash. The best I can describe the color is like a honey gold. I wouldn't say it's brown. The paint does have a kind of sparkle finish.

Update from FE regarding the Aquaman Trident. I ordered from SS but when I asked FE they responded very quickly.

I'm still looking forward to this and hope that FE continues to maintain its licenses. There are so few replica companies these days, we really need the good ones to stick around.

Dear Aquaman Trident Purchaser:

This was the week that we had hoped to tell you that the Aquaman trident you ordered would be shipping soon. Unfortunately, we have some bad news, so I wanted to reach out to you personally to explain, in detail, where we are, how we got here and where we are going on this project.

When we first announced the trident, we assigned the production to the factory that had previously produced our Wonder Woman God Killer sword replica. If you own that replica, you know the quality is excellent, and we had every reason to believe it would carry over to the new trident. Indeed, the factory produced a very fine trident prototype, which we signed off on before going into production and which fans who visited our 2019 San Diego Comic Con booth had a chance to see in person. The reaction of those who saw it was universally enthusiastic.

When we performed a pre-shipment inspection of the tridents last summer, we discovered that the quality of the production units was far below that of the prototypes. This was explained to us as a difficulty in plating so large an object, necessitating the creation of new and stronger molds. While we were very unhappy with the factory for not using the correct mold materials in the first instance, we concluded that they were deep enough into the project that the best course was to continue on with them and to allow them to produce new molds. Earlier this year we wrote to you and explained that we were having the molds for the trident remade. At the time, we expected that this would result in having a shippable product by mid-year. In fact, we received a new trident sample made from the new molds in February and it looked even better than the original sample, so we gave the go-ahead to production.

Of course, right around that time, the Covid-19 outbreak first occurred and that delayed production a few more months, but we were pleased to recently be informed that production was complete and ready for review by our third party inspection firm. Just a few days ago we were optimistic that we were on the cusp of shipping. However, when our inspectors visited the factory to review the first round of the new production, they discovered that it was just as unsuitable as it was in July 2019. Reluctantly, we’ve now come to the conclusion that the factory, while able to produce good-looking prototypes, was not capable of producing the production run, even with improved molds.

SO, WHERE ARE WE NOW? We’re incredibly disappointed in having been let down by the factory and having to let you down in turn. However, we have not abandoned the trident project. We’ve removed the original factory from this project (and from our list of approved factories for future Factory Entertainment projects) and we have reassigned it to another factory that we believe can get the job done, although it is unlikely that it will now be ready to deliver until next year.

In closing, I want to apologize for the disappointment that not receiving the trident when you expected it must be causing you. We are just as disappointed as you are. All of us at Factory Entertainment are fans and collectors too, and we are trying to deal with this situation in the manner that we would want it to be if we were in your shoes; there is nothing more important to us that retaining the trust of our customers.

I'm tired of this being delayed, so I bought one of the Chinese ebay ones. The aluminum version is under $300 now. There's also an aluminum Atlanna trident and steel trident available.
did u ever get this???? and?

NEVER MIND... ur pics were hidden...

No update from Sideshow. Whenever i ask they just say they are still waiting on the factory to make them and ship to their warehouse. I pre-ordered like many others. I ordered one back in May 2nd, 2019 and every month i get a notification from Sideshow sorry we moved your next payment back a month and its been like that for almost 2 years plus. I am just holding basically not giving up on it. I want to see FE make an actual statement on a physical status of the Trident.
Pic#1.PNG
Pic#2.PNG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back