Factory Entertainment Agent Sidearm replica (J2 or J gun))

Yep, saw that.

Hey, just about a week away from when they are supposed to arrive at their warehouse! Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

I'm tempted to upgrade to the limited edition (with possible autograph's!)....It's a hard decision! I would think it would make it harder to sell in the future (not that I'm looking to sell it!!!) because of the extra cost. Than again it's a smaller number of production, and it's not chrome plated.... Any thoughts?

Sorry If I made you look, for a possible pointless post!

I would go for it. It'll be worth waaaay more and it's a perfect way to celebrate a great franchise.

If it turns out there aren't sigs though, I might downgrade to LE.

......O.K. You talked me into it!:lol

That and I'm getting a good tax return!

Same here, WOOO! I can almost pay for the whole thing with my Federal. Had to pay bills with my state :/.

I think we'll all be pleased no matter what. And it's so freaking soon! I can't even believe it. Over fifteen years we've been waiting for a replica this good.

Sorry If I made you look, for a possible pointless post!

Not at all. I enjoy a good discussion regarding this replica and the merits of both the Chrome and Aluminum finish. I actually like the look of the Elite Edition because it looks like it's made of more materials than just something that resembles Chrome (In-universe speaking of course).

i am delighted that FE offered up the alternate elite option, but i'm sticking with the standard issue simply because, to my tired old eyes, the gun looks all shiny and chromey to me in the movie.

if i had the money, which i don't, i'd get one of each because i love the movie so much and the prop itself.

look forward to seeing pics of the elite simply to see if there is indeed much difference in the finish on the two different portions of the gun as it is my understanding that one portion will be chromed and one will simply be polished aluminum...or am i getting those details wrong?

look forward to seeing pics of the elite simply to see if there is indeed much difference in the finish on the two different portions of the gun as it is my understanding that one portion will be chromed and one will simply be polished aluminum...or am i getting those details wrong?

It would seem the barrel portion of the replicas will be the same since both products have this in their descriptions.

Factory Ent. said:
The barrel section is polished machined aluminum.

Factory Entertainment-This version features black headed rivets to further differentiate it from the Limited Edition version.

So I guess that's one of the other factors. You can polish aluminum to a very bright shine. How far they polish them, would be the real question. Aluminum seems to collect very small scratches a lot easier, but nothing you could not hand polish. Not to mention, it's solid aluminum. So you can't polish the aluminum away!

The chrome version would match up better with the Neuralyzer (being chrome), but the Elite version, would be more screen accurate. :facepalm

I like the look of the chrome, but I would like for it to look as close to the screen used as possible.

Then again, those "Extra's" would be pretty cool to go along with it! I guess for some people, it's like a stamp of approval, from the actors.

I'm really close to switching over to the Elite! I think I will regret it, if I don't!

still no news about what the elite is gettin extra, hope we hear something soon though. shipping supposed to be happening this month isnt it?

i wanna know what were getting for the money?

(and yes im sorry for this post, its kinda pointless)

Well I upgraded to the Elite gun the other day, and the secretary (the guys were at the Toyfare at the time ) said it should be around the end of February. But no guarantee on that! Still no definite answer on the "special" item!

i wanna know what were getting for the money?

No one has been charged yet and no one has had to put up a $100 non-refundable deposit for it. I think Factory wants to get these replicas out as soon as possible since it looks like they want both versions to be released at the same time.

I bet they've been busy having just done New York Toy Fair. I think we'll hear something soon. Plus, they are expected to arrive in the country next week. There is always a slight delay with customs. I'd say we're looking at end of February/early March.

Again, talking to Barry, it sounds like these are going to blow our socks off.

Good news from the world of Twitter.

J2 LE Editions just cleared customs! Being delivered to our DC first thing in the morning... orders will start rolling out this week!

Sounds like the Elite Edition is on hold till they get the extras they want. Still, good for them on releasing the LEs rather than wait for the Elites to come in so they can be released simultaneously.

great news.

that said, seems to only make sense to release product as it comes in -- would make NO sense if they waited for other version to come in before they released what they had...or am i missing something?

perhaps the point was that you were surprised that one version would ship out before manufacturer had both versions done...but again, not sure of the logic behind that either.

great news.

that said, seems to only make sense to release product as it comes in -- would make NO sense if they waited for other version to come in before they released what they had...or am i missing something?

perhaps the point was that you were surprised that one version would ship out before manufacturer had both versions done...but again, not sure of the logic behind that either.

I'm just happy they're shipping them as they come in instead of waiting for the Elite Edition so they could ship all of them. I'm still not over the Rayman Legends controversy.

FE is a cool company. I heard that the extras may be late and that they will ship EE with an IOU once they come in.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back