Face Off Season 3

I watched in amazement as Roy was sent packing. The wear wolf make up was really bad with some basic flaws apparent. The snake was hands Down the best sculpt and applied (yes the wig was unfortunate) but should NOT have been a disqualification reason. One of the reasons why I left the industry, the friggin politics.

On a side note it was nice to see Barney Berman make an appearance. My first "real" job was with Rob & Barney. Fun fellas.

Perfectly stated.

Nicole's put in a real effort since being given a second chance, but her lack of experience is always evident in her final pieces. There's always an amateurish aspect to them. Last night's werewolf was a break from the creativity she's been showcasing too - it looked like a $60 costume from target with a cheap rubber wolf mask. If you're going to build a creature of that style for this show, the face needs to be articulated in some way to allow a performance to come through. This wolf couldn't snarl, couldn't bite, couldn't move its brow. I can't believe there wasn't a single comment from the judges regarding the face!

Yeah, Roy's red wig was unfortunate, but his sculpt was terrific. He demonstrated knowledge and experience with different materials, using both foam latex and silicone to produce his final makeup, and his actress would have been able to perform in that getup.

They had the right two on the bottom, but definitely sent the wrong person home in my opinion.

I agreed with Derek winning this week. I watch Grimm and I could see his creature being on there. When they started picking out who would go on to the finale I thought, "ok, Derek and Roy will go on." The only question in my mind was would Nicole be sent home for her werewolf or Laura for her Predator that ran through a paint factory. I'm still confused.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

I agreed with Derek winning this week. I watch Grimm and I could see his creature being on there. When they started picking out who would go on to the finale I thought, "ok, Derek and Roy will go on." The only question in my mind was would Nicole be sent home for her werewolf or Laura for her Predator that ran through a paint factory. I'm still confused.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

:confused I thought Laura won? Maybe I watched a completely different show :lol
But on mine, she won :)

On the Facebook Face Off home page, some tool commented that he was at the final episode filmed on Monday :lol
He said that Nichole wins doing a Bloody Mary theme on one of the judges.

I thought it was a live show... So how was he at the filming?

Wasn't this the second time that the black model had issues in the chest area? Ie. two contestants chest pieces were too small?

On the Facebook Face Off home page, some tool commented that he was at the final episode filmed on Monday :lol
He said that Nichole wins doing a Bloody Mary theme on one of the judges.

I thought it was a live show... So how was he at the filming?

The final contest should have been filmed - that's the edited episode that viewers can vote on the results of. The winner of the public vote is to be announced live the next day (Halloween).

Wasn't this the second time that the black model had issues in the chest area? Ie. two contestants chest pieces were too small?
Yes this was the second time. You'd think the artist(s) would account for this already..

Yes it was Laura who won this week.
Laura is the best artist left. If she doesn't win this season was basically a waste and the producers should stop pretenting the show is anything but well crafted fiction. I'd appreciate a little honesty for having to sit through the awful commercials..

I also hate the fact that some of the models really try to sell the character. Others (snakewoman) just stand there and look bored.

Roy's stuff was so over the top in the past that this one looked meh. I like that he always helped others and taught the one chick how to do webbing which the judges really liked.

I really think that Derek has a great conceptual mind but his final products always seem to lack the finesse his sketches do. The raptor claw in the boot was, for me, overkill and put a humourous undertone to the whole piece :/
Laura is amazing; she is on par with all the artists from last season. I also think that the challenges from this season aren't as in-depth as the challenges from last season, and I believe it hinders their work. Whether this stemms from the fact that the artists simply aren't as skilled as the artists from last year, or the challenges themselves are less mentally intense, I don't know yet. Here's hoping to an incredible finale!

I felt Nicole's werewolf was weak. I know that Roy had issues with the hair on his snake, but the judges have considered past performance during eliminations in prior episodes. Roy should have been in the finals.

I also hate the fact that some of the models really try to sell the character. Others (snakewoman) just stand there and look bored.

Roy's stuff was so over the top in the past that this one looked meh. I like that he always helped others and taught the one chick how to do webbing which the judges really liked.

Well, I wonder if that's the sculpter's fault. I've seen a few points in the show where they are talking to the models about how to act and behave. If they don't give direction, maybe the models are just expected to stand there.

Well, I wonder if that's the sculpter's fault. I've seen a few points in the show where they are talking to the models about how to act and behave. If they don't give direction, maybe the models are just expected to stand there.

I wonder if it also depends on if the actor likes the make up.

I think that Roy was voted off due to bad choices, not just a bad wig. The wig was horrible IMO, it took what as an amazing makeup and made it look cheap. The wardrobe wasn't much better. Then the fang placement. For someone who is as good as he is, he should have known better. For Roy, I really think he is at his best when he is over the top. I think that when it came to just doing a really good makeup, he had idle time to mess with it. I was sad to see him go.

Even though Nicole's ears were kinda funky, she added in every element from the crime scene down to the color of the fur. He mistakes were mostly just mistakes where Roy had bad choices. My guess is that is why he got kicked off.

Roy not even being on the final show is a complete joke when week after week his skills were blowing everyone else away.

It really seemed as if Glenn Hetrick always judged him much harder than everyone else which is a shame.

I recommend that they replace Hetrick as a judge with Tom Savini or Greg Nicotero.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back