'fabric' Female Falconer (Wip)

LadyZero

First thread ever here, and probably very different to what you're used to seeing! I do not currently have the spare time, budget or space to make a proper Predator costume, so think of this as a very very trimmed-down version of what you guys do. So why am I here if I'm not making a proper one? Because I still need to do a bio-mask, dreads, armour and that wretched wristblade. The tutorials on here are fantastic for those, really helpful for a noob like me!

I came up with this idea because in the past I have made what are called 'Fabricformers' - basically Transformers costumes translated into actually wearable outfits made of various fabrics, instead of making one of those vast boxy cardboard creations that you sometimes see lumbering around conventions. So I thought I could do the same with Falconer until I get the time/money/space to make a proper one of him.

I haven't got very far (this thread is mainly to motivate me to get it done, actually) but this is the base:

(picture removed due to perverts)

The boots are from one of my Fabricformers cosplays, ROTF Optimus Prime, and will be resprayed bronze for the purposes of Falconer. The shorts are just for decency's sake - they will go under the 'skirt' I'm making out of brown fake leather. The corset will eventually be covered in the same not-leather to make it the correct colour. I've had bad experiences spray-painting PVC corsets before so covering it is the best plan. Exposed skin (like legs) will be covered in snake-print leggings, because they were the closest thing I could find to his markings and they look... okay. I may ditch them, buy a white catsuit and paint the pattern on myself if I get really cheesed off with them. Upper body will hopefully be covered in lightweight armour made of some kind of craft foam.

This is the only photo I have available at the moment. More to follow but that's all for now. Next weekend I'm getting down to some serious measuring and template cutting (thank you Vinman for your templates!) so there should be more photos up soon. And if anyone has a rear shot of Falconer, any at all, please please let me know, I cannot find a good reference picture of the back of his armour and the crummy little NECA figure I have isn't really a good reference.

Lady over and out ~

I love the idea.

This is just from the Hot Toys figure, but they are movie accurate. I hope they help.

Let me know if you need more or any close ups :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I need to dig out some photos of my Fabricformers Prime actually ON me but here's the link to my design for a Fabricformers Barricade that I'm never going to make:

http://sootballgirl.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f8q7f

and here's the top for my Prime:

http://sootballgirl.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2vsvxh

When I've found out which SD card the photos are on I'll post them up but you get the general idea, Fabricformers are more a suggestion of the character rather than a 100% accurate rendition of them.

Thats some pretty cool design you got there. It will be awesome to see this build come together.

Falconer will be cool don't see many of them, good luck with your build. Keep us posted.

Just a quick little update because I've done the sum total of Bugger All to this due to the fact that I've got an MLP convention coming up and had to go through my entire collection, price it all up and box it all up and I'm still not done and it's on Saturday aaargh.

Minor progress has been made on this costume though in the form of the following:
- Found appropriately-coloured catsuit on a dancewear site; it's a sort of forest green colour and I'm going to get me some fabric paint and try to make it not look so obviously like cheap spandex.
- Collected a crapload of cardboard for the mask and various bits of armour.
- Thought about what to make the dreads out of - currently cord fabric is winning out just because it comes in brown. Satin and felt were considered as well but satin is the most annoying fabric in the world to sew and felt doesn't swish properly when you move.

Now the hunt is on for cheap fake leather (read: get yo backside to London and buy some, you lazy woman) and spray paint for the boots. And after my holiday I will start working on this properly because Ponycon will be DONE and I won't have any other projects bucking for my attention.

Lady over and out ~

Hows this coming along now? Any updates I am intrigued lol

Patience, my friend, patience - should get some pattern cutting done this weekend and when my friend gets back from her holiday I'm taking over her workshop and going to try and make my bio in one weekend. Like a BOSS. Watch this space xD

Patience, my friend, patience - should get some pattern cutting done this weekend and when my friend gets back from her holiday I'm taking over her workshop and going to try and make my bio in one weekend. Like a BOSS. Watch this space xD

Patience? but thats so difficult lol

Sounds great, looking forward to seeing this. What are you making you bio out of?

And make sure they are BLUE LEDS not thoses cruddy green ones!!!! :p if you need laser shrouds I know a guy on ebay that supplies them lol thats were I got mine

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience? but thats so difficult lol

Sounds great, looking forward to seeing this. What are you making you bio out of?

And make sure they are BLUE LEDS not thoses cruddy green ones!!!! :p if you need laser shrouds I know a guy on ebay that supplies them lol thats were I got mine

:p

and what is wrong with green?

[quote name='Vor'mekta' timestamp='1321051218' post='322075']

and what is wrong with green?
[/quote]

On going disagreement....

and whats right with it, she will have BLUE LED's if it kills me or I have to go change them myself.

BLUE.......

Well, today I went round my friend's house and boy, did we get a lot of stuff done!

Proof I've been pattern cutting like a boss, the only templates I need to do are my mask and that stupid piece of shoulder kibble on the left side. I've been measured for both but we got distracted by Strictly Come Dancing so didn't actually make any templates xD

Anyway, results are attached. Silly comments written on some templates because that is what happens when you give two girls chocolate cake and endless cups of tea.

DSCN0684.JPG

Lol now I can see what your are working, I feel like maybe I should comment lol

Nice start, coming along well. I had to annotate all my piece (as there was hundreds of them) or I would get them all mixed up as most of mine look ny-on identical.

Keep it up

Alrighty, so not much of an update, this, but still.

I was out shopping today and because winter is fast approaching and I'm a wimp and get cold easily, I was out looking for some new gloves. I found some new gloves. Some awesome new gloves. So I bought them with the intention of keeping my fingers warm this winter.

Observant friend I was with was observant and said 'hey, won't they do for your Pred costume?' and lo, they will! Which means now I don't have to make Falconer's stupid techno-glove thing, I can just make an arm gauntlet thingy, I don't have to agonise over a hand covering any more.

So multi-use gloves for the measly sum of £11 that will both keep me warm and function as costume bits. Hurrah. Here they are:

2wd0nc7.jpg

Nice, ain't they? And far better than anything I could possibly make.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back