F-11D Blaster kit modification for BlasterCore electronics VIDEO ON PAGE 2 COMMENT 35

Re: F-11D Blaster kit modification for BlasterCore electronics

Find a bigger picture online about the sign-thing... but it is correct?

Label.jpg

Can someone create printable version? (I really want this on the gun)

Last edited:

This is the Soundcard: http://www.plecterlabs.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=32

The manual: http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/BlasterCoreV4-GB.pdf

This is a video from a Nerf gun - BlasterCore mod I made... shows the working card.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUMozhzXMw

You can change the sound if you are not happy with the stock sound... no TFA sound on the board but you find a very good E-11 Blaster sound on it. I did not have the time yet to cut sound out from the movie but it is gonna happen, but first Im gonna assemble the gun then the sound.

I did not cut off the end of the barrel, I was drilling holes as shown on the picture View attachment 616061View attachment 616060
Then I grab a long rod and put it in the front of the barrel (first pic) and literally hammered the plug out. (do not drill the plug out from the front, just the barrel)
I hope it is understandable... and sorry about my english Im a hungarian.

Your English is perfect! Thank you for all of the information. The hammering is a great solution, I look forward to watching your progress. So far I've only trimmed and loosely fit mine together. Now I am modding it a bit with auto body filler. I also am using magnets to fit some of the pieces together

Here is my progress so far:
I put some long screws through the stock from side to side to make it more accurate.

IMG_8123.jpg

So far so good.

IMG_1258.JPG

Now two week holiday... then I will do the electronics a little bit of painting (silver paint), and assemble the gun.
Is Loctite Super glue good for this plastic or I should use epoxy glue?

I'm back and I finished the electronics.

First put the trigger and selector button in place, I used green stuff (epoxy clay) for the selector and hot glue for the trigger.
Then I added the crews as well.
IMG_1423.JPGIMG_1427.JPGIMG_1428.JPGIMG_1430.JPGIMG_1435.JPGIMG_1436.JPG

Next step the led and speaker install in the chassis. Glue the battery holder.
Place the wires to the right place.
IMG_1441.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1439.JPGIMG_1445.JPGIMG_1447.JPG

Begin soldering and testing. Then put the plug with the magnet in place. (that's gonna hold the buttstock)
IMG_1450.JPGIMG_1452.JPGIMG_1455.JPG

I need to do something with the red led in the counter to make it bright. But I'm happy with the result, the weapon is working perfect and it is very loud.
Finished the grip as well.
IMG_1461.JPGIMG_1459.JPG

Next step to put on the greeblies, the front flash light and the scope.

Made some stickers, with double sided tape and I printed out some details on see through foil. Not perfect but it will do it for me.

IMG_1467.JPGIMG_1469.JPG

More masking and painting.
IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1505.JPGIMG_1510.JPG

Last edited:

Cut off one of the screw. This gonna hide the selector/reload switch
IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1534.JPG

More glue and decals.
IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1531.JPG IMG_1542.JPG

Install the target light with green stuff.
IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1526.JPG IMG_1528.JPG

Last edited:

Very nice, well done! Is the black flat or satin, and is the silver an aluminum coat or something with a little more chrome in it?

Very nice, well done! Is the black flat or satin, and is the silver an aluminum coat or something with a little more chrome in it?

I used this for the whites...
IMG_1556.JPG

and this for the black, the chrome is a chrome spray paint... avoid it! It is looking nice, but I was painting the scope 5 day ago and it is still come off when I give a wipe with cloth. Also I tried to put protective coat on it but it turns grey. The rest of the metal paint is rub n buff.
IMG_1557.JPG

Next step to make video from the working thing. :D

I used this for the whites...

Next step to make video from the working thing. :D

Thanks, good old Rustoleum :)

Pity about the chrome paint, do you think it'll dry and cure over time? I remember the Rustoleum aluminium cans recommending against putting any clear coat over them, maybe that goes for other silver-based paints as well?

Ok, here is the video how the weapon works:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, good old Rustoleum :)

Pity about the chrome paint, do you think it'll dry and cure over time? I remember the Rustoleum aluminium cans recommending against putting any clear coat over them, maybe that goes for other silver-based paints as well?

Most chrome rattle can paints pretty much never cure... the only exception we have seen is SpazStick. Rustoleum, Valspar, Krylon, DupliColor... any other rattle can chrome seems to never cure. But Alclad with an airbrush works well.

Gyurma - Question for you buddy!

I think I have a similar kit that I am just getting around to putting together. I see that you modified the "MAG" with the 9 volt to power some of the internals. I'm first of all curious what size magnet did you use on the MAG, and how well is it working?

My questions theme around the red light ups on the blaster... so my second question is in regards to the "COUNTER". Is your counter fixed and just draws off the same battery source as the other lights and soundboard? Or is there a separate LED that is in the counter? if so, how do you have it set up for both attachment, and the ability to access the electronics to change a battery.

I have have 2 battery powered LEDs that should fit into the Counter and Mag... and I'm just trying to pulse the best way to plan to have them attach to the blaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: F-11D Blaster kit modification for BlasterCore electronics VIDEO ON PAGE 2 COMMEN

The magnets are N50 Strong Small Disc Neodymium Magnets 8mm x 2mm Round. And i do not have any problem with them, they are strong! But the Counter housing and the MAG need to sit on something.
The Counter "lid" is sitting on this white plastic I glued in to the Counter IMG_1155.JPG plus the magnets.
and the Mag is sitting on the 9V battery holder. I do not think the magnets are strong enough by them selfs.
If you check out the video above in post #35 you can see the access to the electronics and battery.
I use plecter labs BlasterCore so all the LEDs are powered with that 9V Battery. (except the MAG LED because i just forgott to wire it in, so that one is a ballon light)
But to be fair everything is in this build shown picture by picture and you can check out the video as well, do not over-compicate this, putting two LED in it is prety easy.
I hope that was helpful.

I know I'm two years late to the party, but I have the same kit as well and have been procrastinating because I thought all the mods I wanted to do to it would be too hard, but you've laid everything out here beautifully. Excellent work! Thanks so much for this!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back